cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Price of Google Pixel 7 on Bring-it-back program.

thomas12
Friendly Neighbour

On the Telus web site is the statement:

"Save big on the flashiest phones with Bring‑It‑BackTM.

Get that brand‑new phone feeling and save like you’ve never saved before. No catch - simply return your device at the end of your plan to enjoy low monthly prices. Only at TELUS."

But the Telus price on the Google Pixel 7 (128 GB) is $936, while the price on the Google web site is $799.  It appears to me that if I use the Bring-it-back program to purchase a Pixel 7 (128 GB) rather than paying the full price to Google, I lose $137.  Why should this be attractive to me??  Is it that I don't understand the Bring-it-back program??

4 REPLIES 4

T-Speed
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @thomas12 

If you pick the Bring it Back option to purchase this device, the monthly Easy Payment amount should be $25 a month, for 24 months ($936 is the current retail price for this model, however, after Bring it Back bonus and amount are applied, as well as the Easy Payment discount, the total cost of the phone would be $600 over 24 months). More details you can see when you click the "Buy now" button, then toggle on the "Apply Bring it Back pricing" and click the "See price breakdown" dropdown.

I hope this helps 🙂

thomas12
Friendly Neighbour

I do not find an "Apple Bring it Back pricing" or a "See price breakdown."  What my impression is (I hope you can tell me I'm wrong) is the following:  I pay Telus $25/month for 24 months.  During that time I have my Google Pixel 7.  Fine.  But then I either (a) Bring it Back, which means I no longer have a Google Pixel 7, or (b) I pay the remaining part of the "current retail price" of $936, i. e. I pay $336 more, for a total of $936.  Is this correct?? Because I could buy it directly from Google for $799.  Thus I have paid Telus $137 more than I would need to pay Google.  I don't see why this is a good deal for me (or for anybody).

T-Speed
Community Manager
Community Manager

If you decide to keep the phone at the end of the agreement, you will have to pay just the Bring it Back amount. The remaining TELUS Easy Payment discount and any remaining Easy Payment balance would be charged if you renew before the end of the agreement.

More about the Bring it Back program, you can find here: https://www.telus.com/en/support/article/telus-bring-it-back-device-upgrade-explained

You should see something like this when selecting the phone and proceeding to the payment options: 

BiB.payment.PNG

thomas12
Friendly Neighbour
I went to the link you gave. What is this mysterious "Bring-it-back amount?" Why the mystery as to what it will cost? It appears to me that buying the Google Pixel 7 (128 GB) this way costs about 17% more than buying it upfront from Google. Sort of like borrowing the money from a high-interest -rate source to pay for the phone on installments. I find this whole program misleading and dishonest.