cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LTE

Winniedapooh
Just Moved In

How does LTE setting on phone affect battery performance as I heard it drains the battery quicker on an iPhone 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

5G is the one that will drain the battery the most. It’s more high powered than LTE. You could switch back to 3G (much slower than LTE) but I don’t think there would be any benefit in terms of power use since they both share some of the same frequencies.

I personally keep my iPhone on LTE as the 5G where I live has a very weak signal. When 5G is on and dealing with weak signal, it eats battery. 

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

5G is the one that will drain the battery the most. It’s more high powered than LTE. You could switch back to 3G (much slower than LTE) but I don’t think there would be any benefit in terms of power use since they both share some of the same frequencies.

I personally keep my iPhone on LTE as the 5G where I live has a very weak signal. When 5G is on and dealing with weak signal, it eats battery. 

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

BillTelusCust
Rockstar

As @Nighthawk mentions, it is fine if  you have good coverage.  Batteries drain when the phone can't find a signal as it turns the phone up to the maximum wattage.  I've been using LTE for years.