cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alcatel GO 3 Flip phone

Di444
Organizer

I made the mistake of choosing this phone.  I chose this device because all I want is a phone.  I don't use it for anything else except to make calls and text messages.

Herein lies the problem.  In attempting to add names to the Contacts, I found  there was no script.  I could enter the number, but not the name.  I realize that you must alter the # key and the message showed it was in alpha mode, but nothing different happened.  I could not get the system to accept the name. I tried several times with no sucess.  I finally decided to reset the phone back to factory status.  Still no success.

This is as far as I got in the setup process, but if I can't enter text in Contacts, then I am assuming if I attempt a text message, I will run into the same problem. I have never had this much difficulty with any phone before.  Makes me want to revert back to a land line.

PS  I tried to get rid of Google Assistant too, but had the same problem.   Bad choice of phones for me. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

To all who offered assistance - thank you.

Turns out the problem was not me me, but it was a software issue.  About a week after I had the phone I was watching TV when the phone alert went off and there was a text message from the provider advising me there was an update available for download.  I downloaded the program and lo and behold, my problem was solved.  I could enter names in Contacts along with phone number.  The text feature on this phone is not nearly as efficient as the previous phone I had (Samsung) but since I don't send than many text messages, I can live with it.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

jackrabbit000
Ambassador

To all who offered assistance - thank you.

Turns out the problem was not me me, but it was a software issue.  About a week after I had the phone I was watching TV when the phone alert went off and there was a text message from the provider advising me there was an update available for download.  I downloaded the program and lo and behold, my problem was solved.  I could enter names in Contacts along with phone number.  The text feature on this phone is not nearly as efficient as the previous phone I had (Samsung) but since I don't send than many text messages, I can live with it.

xray
Hero

The manual for your phone can be downloaded here:

https://nasupport.alcatelmobile.com/hc/en-us/articles/360037142234-Alcatel-GO-FLIP-3-T-Mobile-User-M...

Page 15 has the instructions on how to add a contact.

Page 18 has the instructions on how to use the keypad to enter numbers, letters and special characters.

Spoiler
Abc (sentence case), abc (lower case), or ABC (caps lock case): with this mode you must press each key multiple
times to create each letter. For example, an ‘S’ is created by pressing the ‘7’ key four times. An ‘e’ is created by
pressing ‘3’ twice, and so on.