cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows Live Mail

Ellen2
Just Moved In

I prefer Windows Live Mail to any other email program.  When migrating to Google my specific concern, discussed with Telus' consultants, was that I did not want to lose use of Windows Live Mail (I know it is no longer 'supported').  I had to re-set my email account in the spring as Google had automatically denied access to 'unsupported' programs.  At that time I saw a message that Google would no longer allow the use of 'unsupported' programs (Windows Live Mail) after May 31, 2022.  It is now May 18 and my email is starting to have the same problems it had last spring when I had to re-set.  It starts with not being able to send certain emails, then it migrates to not being able to send any emails (but I can receive at the moment).  I re-set it again using the information from the Telus website and sending still does not work.  Is it true that I will not be able to use Windows Live Mail after May 31?

1 REPLY 1

FuzzyLogic
Community Power User
Community Power User

I suspect that this is at the discretion of Telus as they should have control of this for their customers. I would be surprised if it were be changed without an announcement first. I would look to see if the "Less Secure App Access" has been disabled for your Telus account. This causes issues for assorted mail clients. More info here:

Less secure apps & your Google Account - Google Account Help

I would also verify that you have the correct settings as per this article:

Set up email on computer with Windows Live Mail| Support | TELUS Business

I've found that depending on the order you make changes regarding SSL that the ports may change from what you had before.

Just a long time customer hoping to help.