Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Telus Email

Daryl5612
Neighbour

Well, here it is July 30, 2024 and today I get an email from Telus stating:

"

Dear Valued Customer,
We want to inform you of an important upcoming change to your TELUS Email powered by Google account that may affect you.
Important:
If you do not switch to a web browser or an app that supports OAuth by July 30th, 2024, you will begin receiving error messages, and your email client will stop updating. Rest assured, you will continue to receive emails, but they can only be accessed through the web browser or applications that use OAuth.

Well that blew me away.  First I have heard of this.

Does this mean I can no longer use Live Mail through Gmail?

"

2 REPLIES 2

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

Live Mail? As in Windows Live Mail? If it is Windows Live Mail, that is a dead program. It was discontinued in January 2017. It was replaced with the Mail app in Windows 10, which has recently been replaced by Outlook on Windows 11. Windows Live Mail isn't receiving software updates so it's not current on the security standards being used now. Google is likely going to block it since it's not as secure as they want it to be. I've seen Google block various other older mail clients in the past.

If you're accessing the Telus email through the Gmail website, it'll work fine still.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

KayW
Neighbour

This is so dumb. I hate the Gmail app interface and have been using the Outlook app to consolidate my Telus, Gmail, and Hotmail accounts. Noticed that I haven't received any Telus emails in Outlook since August 22, 2024—now I know why. I regret every moment since Telus migrated to Gmail in the first place...