cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What will happen if I cancel the internet plan early?

george123
Just Moved In

I'm moving to BC next month and I need a new home internet plan. 

Most plans are two years long, but I'll only live in BC for one year. So I wanna know what will happen if I cancel the plan early?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

polecat
All-Star

@george123    With 2 year contract you will pay 10 - 15 $ for remaining months. I saw a 25/25 no contract at $55 for 3 months then $76 after. But still have the Telus equipment  ( ont router ) to deal with.  You best phone  and if you find what you want and have them email you the information. Good luck Polecat

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

polecat
All-Star

@george123    With 2 year contract you will pay 10 - 15 $ for remaining months. I saw a 25/25 no contract at $55 for 3 months then $76 after. But still have the Telus equipment  ( ont router ) to deal with.  You best phone  and if you find what you want and have them email you the information. Good luck Polecat

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

You can purchase a plan without a contract. It costs a bit more, and there are no incentives offered, but you can exit without penalty. Just ask for a non-contract contract!

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"

yes I saw the no-term plans and they actually costs a lot more... so... how much will the early cancellation fee cost me? I doubt 2-year plan will be cheaper even if I pay the penalty.

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

See terms and conditions, including penalties for internet plans here.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"

xray
Hero
Will you need Internet service when you move back? If so ask if there is a way to transfer the remainder of your contract to your new location.