cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Webmail/Telus email is currently down.

hologram123
Advisor

Just a heads up - our webmail is down at the moment. The queues are very high. Please be patient! We are working on it! So sorry for the inconvenience!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
613 REPLIES 613

Not loading for me either. It's been going on all AM. Last I checked chat was at 56 and seems to be the new norm.

Same problem here in Abbotsford..all morning.  Get the following message...

???ldap.LDAP_ERROR???    or else it keeps trying to load..forever !

Problems with webmail yet again Telus.  Your tech support seems to have trouble with this service as it has been down mulitiples before over the past many months.  Considering this problem started on the 15th and there still is no resolution and no end in ongoing issues its pretty much rendered by telus.net email address inaccessible.  

Time to move to Gmail and be done with this BS.  Will also make it much easier for me to toss all of Telus services.

Shocked and dismayed at Telus support services

I'm also getting fed up with these repeated issues when trying to access my Telus webmail. I've been a Telus phone (landline) customer for 33 years and an internet client for close to 20 years. I know I'm paying far too much for the minimal service I'm receiving. Might be time to finally move on.

I am with you 110%.  Here, in Victoria, I've been without webmail for 3 days now with no fix in sight.  I just recently switched from Shaw as a result of a good offer from Telus.  But the offer's worth nothing since the webmail service never seems to be working properly.  I, like everyone else, is tired of lousy customer service...today I was 59th and 72nd in the queue for chatting, and after waiting hours got nothing but abject apologies.  NOT GOOD ENOUGH TELUS (is anyone listening?)!  While I encountered lots of problems with Shaw, their webmail at least worked.  Thinking seriously about switching back...bad service from Shaw is better than no service from Telus!

My Webmail [email protected], will open, then stay on a few seconds, and go back to log in.  This cycle just repeats itself.

fireguy
Friendly Neighbour

I've been down for almost a week now. This is has cost me money and wreaked havoc with my social life.

I had no idea how much I rely on e-mail.

Telus better come up with a happy solution for me or I dump all my services.

Maybe spend less money on all those pretty pictures and spend more in I.T..

Disgusting.

fireguy
Friendly Neighbour
  • I've been down for almost a week now. This is has cost me money and wreaked havoc with my social life.
    I had no idea how much I rely on e-mail.
    Telus better come up with a happy solution for me or I dump all my services.
    Maybe spend less money on all those pretty pictures and spend more in I.T..
    Disgusting.

bcast
Just Moved In

our webmail has not worked since the big outage. it kicks back to sign in, drafts kick back also, cannot delete,

cannot send. We have had to sign in over 6 times to try to do business. Have tried different browsers, removing telus and rebooting, nothing has worked. Am deaf so need chatline, good luck with that. Am about to give up and go to shaw. Just thought we would give them a month to get it together.

Likewise. No email at all. Keep calling, they keep saying no estimate for the fix...   Now over 6 weeks.   Sigh

@Tony4  It would be a pain butt why not ask for a new email address. Lot of work after to put in address manually. Polecat

I have other email addresses which are active. The one that is broken is my main one. All my contacts are there, all my historical information. Also it's the only address that most people, companies etc have.

@Tony4  It was just a thought Tony but i only have a basic home account. Its beyond me why some will work and some won't possible problem in the program in the computor you are using. Good luck. Polecat

@Tony4 wrote:

I have other email addresses which are active. The one that is broken is my main one. All my contacts are there, all my historical information. Also it's the only address that most people, companies etc have.

I'm in the same boat, one (my main account) of three email accounts won't work. The only difference I can see is this account has a bunch of emails that were restored by Telus early in their efforts to fix the problem. These emails have no real content and show "Missing Blob for item nnnnn" in the body of the email when viewed in webmail. The Seamonkey email client gives an error " Mail server mail.telus.net responded: No such blob: mailbox=19015, item=11941, change=26168" .

I can only view them in webmail but not delete them.

Yes we have been having this same problem for days now.  Log in and it kicks you back to login screen.  Very frustrating.

My email has been back up and working for a while but lately my MS Outlook has been giving me an incoming pop3  error, with "no such blob", don't know WTF is going on..?

@Fisherguy 

Mine is same thing, functions and so far as I know have not missed any incoming but get that POP3 server error as you describe every time I use outlook. From following the posts on here I suspect I will have to bite the bullet and sit through a call to the tech assistance to reset the outlook program and clear the clutter left from the big crash. More annoying is the online webmail that is very hit and miss for deleting spam and classifying read from unread mail. 

Telus has pretty much hit bottom on the competence scale, below bottom on service and response and will not be in any future plans for upgrades or changes in our telecommunications systems. This whole episode just leaves me shaking my head, very sad ….

@Fisherguy 

Good luck with the call to telus. @ET  (telus community manager? where he go?) talked me into phoning again in a personal mail. A total waste of about an hour. The outlook errors clearly show Telus POP3 server responding with "internal server error". I suspect everyone gets them but most mail clients do not report  it. People think they have no mail to retrieve  but ... it's just that Telus email is broken. Intermittent problems they are well aware of but for some reason can't or won't fix. 

PS: Shaw has many promotions for new subscribers. 

OK, not gonna call 'tech support' then unless I can get patched through to  'tier 2'  right away..  Will try googling the problem, but am hoping someone with more techno-smarts than me will post a cure to the problem.

My email seems fine but that error message just bugs me.

Also interesting is my wife's Outlook is not having the problem, she is one of the lucky ones who's email was only down for 1 day, mine was down for 11 or 12 days.

@Fisherguy 

Since so many of us are having the problem, and since the POP3 server is responding (telling us) it has Internal Errors, changes on your end is not likely to help. Maybe you can turn off the requester but that's like putting a piece of tape over the trouble light to fix your car ...

Almost 8 weeks now. My folders and all email be4 last Monday still missing. They moved me to a new server Monday and an escalation manager called last Tuesday. Said recovery would be finished Tue, latest Wed.  heard nothing since...   Sigh...