cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WI-FI 6 hub and Wi-Fi booster fiber optic- password changes w/o Connect

supergorf2
Helpful Neighbour

the Telus technology changes very quickly.

A member of my family as a wifi 6 hub with 2 wifi network on, one being a guest network. I have 2 questions:

1 - He can use the Telus Connect app to change the password of the guest network if he wishes too. However, assuming that he does not have the Connect app, can he go to the IP address of the hub and access it like a T3200 router (192.168.1.254) as this hub has a published Admin Password under the cover?

2 - If you have the wifi booster (look like the hub but does not have a cover) there is no published IP address and no admin password (contrary of what you have now on the T3200 boosters), How do you change the network WI passwords if you do not have a mobile phone?

5 REPLIES 5

A-B
Community Manager
Community Manager

1. You should be able to.

2. You can try going to the Settings in https://teluswifi.home and then in 'WiFi Settings'. 

If you have any issues with either, you can always reach out to our Tech Support team for further assistance! 

supergorf2
Helpful Neighbour

Sorry but the link "https://teluswifi.home" does not work.

I am starting to realize that Telus does not address the need of some of the seniors community who do not use a mobile phone and have to get TV or computer internet via wireless. These seniors need to call a Telus technician for help and they need to come on site. i.e. with a cost. Another problem for seniors.

As using the support team it is another challenge. I called the support team 3 days ago to answer a simple general question. After few minutes on the phone explaining the background on my account I was asked to spell the city where I was living.. that is Vancouver. Needless to say I did not get the answer i needed. So if you work to Telus..pass on the message.. Sorry for the rumbling!

A-B
Community Manager
Community Manager

It's definitely not 'rumbling' at all. Valid concerns and our Tech Support team should be doing everything they can to help. I'll send you a private message to discuss our options further.

supergorf2
Helpful Neighbour

Thank you for the concern and the offer. However, the problem is greater than mine. Maybe Telus should survey the seniors with their concerns, as I am not the only one who has had or has issues. Fortunately for me I have some IT background but the technology is moving quickly and sometimes we get lost.