cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using TP-LINK AX10 instead of T3200

japaul32
Just Moved In

Hello, 

We recently moved into an apartment with Telus Fibre.  I'd like to use my TP-Link AX10 instead of the T3200.  Do I just need to place the T3200 into bridge mode and then connect the TP-Link router? Something tells me it's not as simple as that. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

DrPacman
Rockstar

@japaul32 wrote: Something tells me it's not as simple as that. 

Indeed it is that simple. Once the T3200 is in "Bridged" mode all the routing/firewall activities are born by the secondary device. So indeed your TP-Link AX10 device would handle all the routing/firewall activities.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo", or mark as "Solution", if it solves your problem, thank you very much.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

DrPacman
Rockstar

@japaul32 wrote: Something tells me it's not as simple as that. 

Indeed it is that simple. Once the T3200 is in "Bridged" mode all the routing/firewall activities are born by the secondary device. So indeed your TP-Link AX10 device would handle all the routing/firewall activities.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo", or mark as "Solution", if it solves your problem, thank you very much.

Well, it definitely was as simple as that. Keeping everything clean in the panel took more time. Thank you.

@japaul32 You are most welcome... Cheers....