cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrading from Telus 25 to 75 with a T3200M...do I need an installer visit?

WallysWorld
Friendly Neighbour

Hello,

Just wanting to make sure that I don't need an installer visit to upgrade my Telus plan from 25 to 75? I don't have Optik TV so I am pretty sure that no visit is needed, but I just want to make sure.

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

Then you will likely need a technician to visit. For 75 Mbps service, you will need 2 phone jacks attached to the router.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

You may need an installer visit. To my recollection, 75 Mbps service requires 2 telephone pairs to work, but 25 Mbps can run on a single pair. Does your current setup use one phone line or two?

NFtoBC

WallysWorld
Friendly Neighbour

Hi,

We live in a townhouse with 2 phone lines: 1 upstairs and mine line downstairs with the internet only on my line. Only the downstairs line share phone and internet on the same line. If that makes sense?

Thanks.

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

Then you will likely need a technician to visit. For 75 Mbps service, you will need 2 phone jacks attached to the router.

NFtoBC

WallysWorld
Friendly Neighbour

Thank you for posting that. Very helpful.

brians
Organizer

I had Telus 75 on one pair for years. When I upgraded to 150 a couple years ago they had to bond it with a 2nd line which required a technician to come out. It may depend on your area - my house was very close to their box so they may have to bond in some cases.

Since then I have Gigabit Fibre and still using same T3200M I have had for years... just plug the ONT into it instead of phone line.

WallysWorld
Friendly Neighbour

Thanks for that reply. Based on the information provided, I'll hold off for a few months.