cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UMD-SE try to get 1.5 GbE download speed

Ming
Organizer

Hi @DrPacman,

I am trying to get the 1.5 GbE download speed from Telus. Currently, I am stuck in 940/940 Mbps. I am using UDM-SE and it only supports 1G/10G SFP+ or 2.5G RJ45.

I am looking at the Telus Modem that you mentioned in many posts.

nh20a & ONT XS-250WX-A

Which one is better in my case?

Telus => Nokia ONT G-010S-A => ?? Modem => CAT6 cable => MikroTik S+RJ10 => UDM-SE => Enterprise switch => my PC.

The second question is about the Nokia ONT G-010S-A transceiver. It supports 1/2.5 GbE and I think this is how Telus provide 2.5 GbE support to its customer.

Would that possible to replace the transceiver on my end with SFP-10G-BX20D-I Fiber Single Strand(Amazon Link)? Then I ask Telus to change the 10G signal on the Telus side. In this case, I would get the speed without any bridge Modem. Correct me if I am wrong.

Really appreciate.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

DrPacman
Rockstar

@Ming Wrote: I am looking at the Telus Modem that you mentioned in many posts. nh20a & ONT XS-250WX-A Which one is better in my case?

The modems are only available from TELUS itself, you will have to contact them and see if you are able to have them upgrade you with one.

I'm guessing and this is as I say only a guess, you are more likely to convince them install a NH20A, as I have only heard of one instance where a Nokia XS-250X-A was utilized. I believe the Nokia device is earmarked for the business side installations.

The flow you have outlined above seems reasonable from a quick overview.

Replacing the TELUS GPon transceiver I'm guessing would be out of the question. As if I recall the specific serial number of each transceiver is logged into a TELUS database allowing those devices to connect and any others being rejected form connecting.

If you find this post useful, please give the author a "Solution", or mark as "Kudo", if it solves your problem, thank you very much.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

DrPacman
Rockstar

@Ming Wrote: I am looking at the Telus Modem that you mentioned in many posts. nh20a & ONT XS-250WX-A Which one is better in my case?

The modems are only available from TELUS itself, you will have to contact them and see if you are able to have them upgrade you with one.

I'm guessing and this is as I say only a guess, you are more likely to convince them install a NH20A, as I have only heard of one instance where a Nokia XS-250X-A was utilized. I believe the Nokia device is earmarked for the business side installations.

The flow you have outlined above seems reasonable from a quick overview.

Replacing the TELUS GPon transceiver I'm guessing would be out of the question. As if I recall the specific serial number of each transceiver is logged into a TELUS database allowing those devices to connect and any others being rejected form connecting.

If you find this post useful, please give the author a "Solution", or mark as "Kudo", if it solves your problem, thank you very much.