cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Turning off T3200M Wifi and using instead a Linksys Velop AX4200 WiFi 6 Mesh System

mailwbc
Neighbour

Hello,

I was looking to do the above and noticed another user posting difficulty with their LAN and WLAN speeds after putting in place a similar setup (see user's posting at bottom)

Can you advise on the configuration settings that should be used on both the T3200M and Linksys AX4200 to ensure the optimal performance?

I'm on a Telus Gigabit Internet fibre connection. I am somewhat savvy with the concept of what is being done but need some detailed guidance in the best settings and method to connecting the T3200M & AX4200 together.

Thanks kindly in advance for any assistance that can be provided.

cheers....Bill :-))

User posting from: https://forum.telus.com/t5/Internet-Home-Phone/T3200M-Bridge-mode-and-Google-Mesh-WIFI-Setup/m-p/105...

BobtheBuilder ‎04-18-2020 01:26 PM
Just Moved In
I had similar idea, but linksys velop instead of google nest. I had similar success with

Nokia Fiber Modem > T3200 in bridge mode + wifi turned off (I found some smart devices were still getting confused and dropping WiFi connections)

T3200 > Velop Parent Node

Velop > Switch > Wired LAN connections

Velop > Child Nodes > Wireless LAN connections

All Cat 6+ cabling

I'm on the fibre 150 plan

The issue I still have Is both LAN and WLAN speed tests both won't exceed 100 Mbps (~95 is the max I get)? Anyone have any idea on what is limiting it? I've tried testing at both peak and non-peak (ie. middle of the night) and it's always between 75-95 mbps (using fast.com site for testing).

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

mailwbc
Neighbour

Nvrm.....solved my own question by trying it out and it was quite easy with this new Linksys unit.

Key things:

1. Disable Actiontec wifi by logging into the Telus admin page at 192.168.1.254 using a computer connected with an ethernet cable to the modem

2. connect the ethernet cable to the Internet port on the Linksys unit and not one of the LAN ethernet ports

3. download the Linksys mobile config app (for iOS or Android) & use that to do the Linksys setup but follow the directions carefully on the app & DONE

I have 2 Optik TV units and the above process did not affect them and no bridging or any other fancy network setup or configuration changes needed

So in the final end, the Linksys Velop AX4200 WiFi 6 Mesh System process was a breeze and all the WiFi 6 devices can connect at optimum speeds and at much better distances without any performance hits on the connection speeds. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

mailwbc
Neighbour

Nvrm.....solved my own question by trying it out and it was quite easy with this new Linksys unit.

Key things:

1. Disable Actiontec wifi by logging into the Telus admin page at 192.168.1.254 using a computer connected with an ethernet cable to the modem

2. connect the ethernet cable to the Internet port on the Linksys unit and not one of the LAN ethernet ports

3. download the Linksys mobile config app (for iOS or Android) & use that to do the Linksys setup but follow the directions carefully on the app & DONE

I have 2 Optik TV units and the above process did not affect them and no bridging or any other fancy network setup or configuration changes needed

So in the final end, the Linksys Velop AX4200 WiFi 6 Mesh System process was a breeze and all the WiFi 6 devices can connect at optimum speeds and at much better distances without any performance hits on the connection speeds. 

Are your Optik boxes connected by Ethernet to the T3200? This is the preferred setup as many 3rd party routers have problems with multicasting. This is how my network is set up. The added benefit is that TV traffic is not mixed in with any of your local LAN traffic on the Linksys.

Yes, that’s pretty well how it looks to be.

Anyways, it all seems to be working now and the only other thing aside from the things I listed before , was to put the Linksys Velop AX4200 into Bridge mode so all the devices on the network could be seen together