cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transmission firewall configuration on T3200M

rocketboy2000
Friendly Neighbour

Hey there!

my internal router bit it and so i've connected everything directly to my Telus T3200M. most things seem to be working ok... how do i set up the firewall for transmission torrent client?

under Firewall>>Port Forwarding in the modems admin interface i have two "Applied Port Forwarding Rules"... one for TCP with the incoming port named in Transmission config and the correct LAN IP of my server and on for UDP for the same port and LAN IP.

but Transmission still fails to connect.

what might i be missing?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

sorry, I fixed it! it works!

I had to remove the static ip that was being enforced on the target computer and use DHCP reservation on the modem and that seemed to do the trick.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

You shouldn't have to port forward anything if you leave UPnP enabled (default). I've never had to change any configuration on the T3200M for Transmission and it works fine. Did you change the firewall from "NAT Only" to anything else?

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

thanks so much for the assistance Nighthawk!

the only thing i've adjusted was under LAN IP settings i set the modem IP address to 192.168.0.254 from 192.168.1.254 and the IP addressing values to 192.168.0.1 and 192.168.0.253 in the same way as i have static IP devices already configured.

maybe i should try adjusting those static values to dynamic values and switching back to 192.168.1.254? or is there some other item i'm missing?

can anyone else assist me with this? my modem is not port forwarding!

would it be easier if I just bought another router and installed behind the modem? this is the config I had with Shaw and it worked perfectly fine.

just to add... the modem and the computer I am trying to port forward to are able to ping each other. external scan says that the port is "filtered".

sorry, I fixed it! it works!

I had to remove the static ip that was being enforced on the target computer and use DHCP reservation on the modem and that seemed to do the trick.