cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Terrible Experience at Telus - Im Incredibly Disappointed

UnhappyCx
Just Moved In

Hi , 

I recently visited the TELUS mobility store in my local area and had an incredibly distressing experience with a Telus associate named Abdul. During my visit, Abdul verbally harassed both me and my brother, to the extent that his behaviour was discriminatory. He verbally profiled myself and my brother as “Phone Frauds” based on our appearance, despite showing him all the necessary documentation and phone evidence he asked us for. He used deception and manipulation throughout our interaction, which left us feeling completely and utterly hurt.

When I first walked in to the TELUS store, Abdul asked me to close my phone account in order to get a better in-store deal. I asked if he could help me call to do this but he mentioned it was not his job and that I should do it myself. I complied and called to close the account, however when I returned to Abdul for the in-store deal he refused to offer me any further service. Instead, he told me to call customer service myself to deal with my account, again stating it was my responsibility and not his job to assist me further. At this point I was surprised and I asked why he was not helping any further. He became very aggressive in his behaviour and language, commanding us to hurry up because he had other customers waiting, which made us feel insignificant and unimportant.

To top things off, while dealing with us, Abdul was browsing social media, and using Indeed.com, clearly not paying attention to us. He tried to brush us off by telling us to wait on the side so he could deal with other customers, mentioning that it wasn't his responsibility to talk to anyone he didn't want to or to provide us with any customer service. I asked him why he was treating us this way, and he explicitly said that his treatment of us was within his rights to do so and that he could refuse service to anybody he wanted. He claimed that he was the manager of the store and that he had the authority to act in this manner. Abdul then threatened to call the police, and he did all this in front of several other watching customers. I couldn’t believe that I would ever be subject to this kind of treatment; especially at a TELUS store. 

Needless to say, this action has tarnished the reputation of TELUS not only with us but also with other customers present. My brother specifically mentioned that he would never be opening a TELUS account after this experience.

We still don't know why we were treated this way, but this kind of behaviour is absolutely unacceptable and has significantly affected my perception of TELUS. I always thought TELUS was a customer-focused company, but this experience has significantly tarnished its reputation. I hope TELUS will take this complaint seriously and address the behaviour of this associate to ensure other customers do not experience the same treatment.

Thank you 

2 REPLIES 2

TELUS_Support
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @UnhappyCx - We will send you a message to investigate what happened

UnhappyCx
Just Moved In

Hi , 

I recently visited the TELUS mobility store in my local area and had an incredibly distressing experience with a Telus associate named Abdul. During my visit, Abdul verbally harassed both me and my brother, to the extent that his behaviour was discriminatory. He verbally profiled myself and my brother as “Phone Frauds” based on our appearance, despite us showing him all the necessary documentation and phone evidence he asked us for. He used deception and manipulation throughout our interaction, which left us feeling completely and utterly hurt.

How? When I first walked in to the TELUS store, Abdul asked me to close my phone account in order to get a better in-store deal. I asked if he could help me call to do this but he mentioned it was not his job and that I should do it myself. I complied and called to close the account, however when I returned to Abdul for the in-store deal he refused to offer me any further service. Instead, he told me to call customer service myself to deal with my account, again stating it was my responsibility and not his job to assist me further. At this point I was surprised and I asked why he was not helping any further. He became very aggressive in his behaviour and language, commanding us to hurry up because he had other customers waiting, which made us feel insignificant and unimportant.

To top things off, while dealing with us, Abdul was browsing social media, and using Indeed.com, clearly not paying attention to us. He tried to brush us off by telling us to wait on the side so he could deal with other customers, mentioning that it wasn't his responsibility to talk to anyone he didn't want to or to provide us with any customer service. I asked him why he was treating us this way, and he explicitly said that his treatment of us was within his rights to do so and that he could refuse service to anybody he wanted. He claimed that he was the manager of the store and that he had the authority to act in this manner. Abdul then threatened to call the police, and he did all this in front of several other watching customers. I couldn’t believe that I would ever be subject to this kind of treatment; especially at a TELUS store. 

Needless to say, this action has tarnished the reputation of TELUS not only with us but also with other customers present. My brother specifically mentioned that he would never be opening a TELUS account after this experience.

We still don't know why we were treated this way, but this kind of behaviour is absolutely unacceptable and has significantly affected my perception of TELUS. I always thought TELUS was a customer-focused company, but this experience has significantly tarnished its reputation. I hope TELUS will take this complaint seriously and address the behaviour of this associate to ensure other customers do not experience the same treatment.

Thank you