cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Telus technicians (come inside houses)

JujhaarSekhon
Advocate
When will Telus technicians be allowed to come inside houses because I need something repaired
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

BrandonT
TELUS Team Member
TELUS Team Member

@JujhaarSekhon 

TELUS agents will be able to come inside your house once the Canadian Government and the TELUS health department deems its safe for our customers and employees. Currently there is no specific date as to when technicians will be able to enter the house due to the unpredictable nature of COVID-19.

The best solution I can recommend is Clicking Here and continue to refresh the page every few days. This is where TELUS is announcing what is changing due to COVID-19

TELUS Employee & Neighbourhood Volunteer :black_small_square: Found this post helpful? Let others know by clicking [❤️ Like] or [Accepted Solution].

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

BrandonT
TELUS Team Member
TELUS Team Member

@JujhaarSekhon 

TELUS agents will be able to come inside your house once the Canadian Government and the TELUS health department deems its safe for our customers and employees. Currently there is no specific date as to when technicians will be able to enter the house due to the unpredictable nature of COVID-19.

The best solution I can recommend is Clicking Here and continue to refresh the page every few days. This is where TELUS is announcing what is changing due to COVID-19

TELUS Employee & Neighbourhood Volunteer :black_small_square: Found this post helpful? Let others know by clicking [❤️ Like] or [Accepted Solution].

zulu53
Helpful Neighbour

The Canadian or Provincial Governments ONLY make recommendations.   How companies (Telus) manage their business (including this virus threat) is up to the companies (Telus).

zulu53
Helpful Neighbour

Brandon,

I think it would have been better for you to empower this customer to reach out to your technical service department and let them decide is in-home service was actually necessary.  Personally, given the service advertised and I have received recently, I see very few cases where in-house service would actually be necessary to solve the customers problems - regardless of the Covid-19.  I am hoping that this will be the "new normal" for WAN/LAN provision by all WAN and WAN content providers.

BrandonT
TELUS Team Member
TELUS Team Member

Hi @zulu53 

You make some great points. Thanks for sharing your opinions 🙂

"I think it would have been better for you to empower this customer to reach out to your technical service department and let them decide is in-home service was actually necessary. "

• The topic of "Telus technicians (come inside houses)" was a sub question regarding the post by @JujhaarSekhon Click Here
  • In that topic I recommended to contact technical service Click Here to see my reply.

zulu53
Helpful Neighbour

They will be allowed to come in when Telus decides they can.   Up-to-date information on this issue is posted prominently on their website.   But, if I was Telus, and knowing how it works from top to bottom the more customers that take control of their own homes thee better for everyone.  Remember that they provided the LAN service (your in home connections) in the first place only to sell what is their business - the WAN service; really fast internet and its content, TV, Movines, web pages).  They would prefer to just "give" your the hardware and for you to do all of the labor yourself (what you are calling in-home service).  All of us have to pay for the "free" LAN in-home service they provide and its not cheap.  What would be better is what is happening now where Telus provide all of the instructions (even on the phone with you) and the hardware and you build it your self (like IKEA).  Personally I think that they should go to the IKEA model: if you want in-home building help they will provide a list of people who will do it for you for a fee; otherwise they will give you the instructions and the tools and verbally walk you through it as a maximum.  Bottom line - Telus may never go back to the in-home service for "free" model - and I hope they don't.   If you feel you need something "repaired" then talk to them by phone (using video if you have a smartphone and they will troubleshoot for you to see if it is a hardware or software problem.   If it is hardware then they will advise how to get a replacement that does not require in-house service and if it is software they will walk you though how they would fix as if they were in your house at your elbow - you will provide the physical labor (type this into the computer, power on/off, reset, plug this wire into this socket etc. etc.).  For people that are unable to provide the labor (say from physical disability) then they will make an appointment for an in-home technician.