cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Telus refusing service

Balgill26
Neighbour

I moved to new address/home.  Telus said there is optical fibre and will run one and it can be done but just need hook up outside connection.  Been waiting for internet since June for our house. Our house is under the availability for internet for optical fibre. A technician comes in and says they need to hire a different company to install. Then wait 3 weeks for Telus to obtain a permit from the city alongside with the third party and got a call today that they can't do it because it's too "complex". Complex- meaning involves $ and budget cuts? 

However, we had a date booked for October for them to finally install our internet after they recieved approval from the city and now someone decides no let's not take the hassle. The team member states we can't get internet,i asked to speak to a manager and the team member stated they aren't available when they aren't off till 7pm. Telus has been giving me the run around for 2 months. Budget cuts mean refuse service to customers who have been with you for years and it's our fault for moving into a new house. It all doesn't make sense when I had an appt date for installation post approval of permit and go ahead and then all of sudden "someone" randomly decides no Internet.....No reason given, no nothing. 

3 REPLIES 3

TELUS_Support
Official Support Team
Official Support Team

Hi there @Balgill26 we definitely want to help with this situation. Can you please send us a private message and we'll look further into the delay?

Need to private message us but don't know how? Check out this step-by-step guide.

tomtegra
Neighbour

Have a very similar problem. 

Presently have ADSL and Telus says we have to move to Fibre. Sure, no problem.

However, they find a blocked conduit andsay we will get back to you. 

Nothing for 3 months.

Today they phone to say they are cutting off phone/internet/tv on Nov 13.

This is for my 92 year old father in law.

Help!

Tom

TELUS_Support
Official Support Team
Official Support Team

Hey @tomtegra - send us a message and we will help resolve this issue

Need to private message us but don't know how? Check out this step-by-step guide.