cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Telus Rarely offering the 15mpbs

Jetje
Helpful Neighbour

We have been with Telus for quite some time but have a lot of internet issues. We pay for 15mpbs and that is sufficient, if only we get the promised and paid 15.I do a lot of speed tests throughout the day and probably 20-30% of the time we get our full 15. In 70-80% of the cases it is between 1.5 and 9-ish. Especially Fridays seem to be the winner, every Friday we struggle with nothing over 5-ish. As we speak I am at 1.5 and yesterday evening, the same, 1.5mbps. I have communicated with customer service several times on this issue. Then they do something in the background, of which I have my doubts they do. They let me re-start and plug out etc, and it seems to help at that time. But turn around and we are back to square one. Any suggestions? Because it is getting difficult to stay friendly to the Telus-crowd in the Philippines, Guatemala and Romania. Yet, they can't help the crap they pull in Canada.

3 REPLIES 3

Jetje
Helpful Neighbour

I should add that we are in Calgary. (adding this note took me 4 minutes at a speed of 0.77....)

WestCoasterBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

Are you doing speed tests with a wired or wireless connection? It does make a difference when performing speed tests. That being said if you keep having issues contact Telus and Schedule a service call so the Technician can inspect the line/levels connections etc. Can you get faster service or limited to 15MBps because of the area and old infrastructure?

We use wireless connection. I don't mind if it is not the full 15. But 1 and 2 we have since 9:00am this morning is hard to work with. I just did one 5 minutes ago, and whoooppp 13! So something is off. It is 7 days a week, but Friday is definitely the worse day. Been going on for more than a year orso.