cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Telus Connect and Parental Restrictions Issues

WilliamL
Friendly Neighbour

So this is a bit frustrating. I have been using the parental restrictions on my kids ipads just fine until recently. Now these ipads just stopped working on the wifi during the day and the app won't even let me check the profiles. Every other device that is not connected to this parental restriction profile works just fine. So I'm pretty sure it has something to do with the profile. I've power cycled the modem, restarted the devices, forget the network/rejoin etc.. These things still would not get an ip address.

As I write this, the app finally kicked in and let me delete the profile then after another router reboot the devices started working again.

Does Telus not have any other way of managing these profiles? I logged into My Telus and also the admin panel on the modem and neither had any section to manage these profiles. If it wasn't for the app finally deciding to work again, these devices would still be not working on the wifi. I would hope Telus would know better than to have a single point of failure.

I really like being able to put restrictions on my kids ipads so they're not watching Youtube at night but now i'm weary about creating any more profiles if it will randomly lock them out during the day.

Edit: 2 of the device reconnected fine, 2 others did not. sigh...

Edit 2: fixed by factory resetting the modem.

Edit 3: Not working again...

10 REPLIES 10

CarlosF
Neighbour

same issue here today. Do u have boosters? Did u reset the modem or booster to factory ?

WilliamL
Friendly Neighbour

The ipads stopped working again.

I have no boosters. The steps that seemed to temporarily fix it was finally being able to get into the parental profile section of the Telus Connect app, deleting the profile, then factory resetting the modem. I had done a few power cycles on the modem earlier but no luck.

Something is still going on. The ipads I had finally got working earlier now will not connect to the internet and the Telus Connect App gives me an error when opening.

WilliamL
Friendly Neighbour

Just to clarify. Is it only devices on your parental restrictions profile that are not working on the wifi?

Yeah. Only the devices that are in the parental thing were not working. The app seems not working now when i open it.
Not sure if we are the only unlucky?

CarlosF

WilliamL
Friendly Neighbour

Yeah, the app has been busted all day. It only opens occasionally and with limited functionality. I tried opening it now and it's still down.

My wifi issue might be fixed now. I quickly tested one of the ipads this morning before going to work and it loaded Youtube just fine. i'll know for sure when I get back home.

I'm still amazed at what a pain this was and that Telus has no other way of dealing with the parental restriction profiles outside their broken app.

Having the same issue . All my kids think I’ve done something because mine works .hopefully Telus figures it out soon .

How do we know Telus is looking into this APP issue? @NFtoBC @Nighthawk 

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User
We don’t, unless a Telus team member replies. This is a customer-driven forum for sharing ideas and supportive experiences.
NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"

WilliamL
Friendly Neighbour

Who knows. I couldn't even find a place to submit a helpdesk ticket. I had to physically call Telus and wait on hold nearly an hour. I ended temporarily fixing my issue after factory resetting the modem so i hung up assuming it was fixed. Then the problem came back later. 

My app seems to be working for now.

My app is working too now but I don't think I will be using it again...