cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Telus Boost Network Connection Dropping on iPhone XR and MacBook Pro

ArneSalvesen
Just Moved In

Apologies if this is dealt with elsewhere, but my issue is a bit specific as outlined in the subject.

My setup:

T3200M Modem with a WCB3000 Extender connected via coax.  The WCB3000 is used to get the signal to my Optik Box

2.4G Wifi disabled on both T3200M and WCB3000.

5G Wifi active on on both T3200M and WCB3000.  Same SSID on both.  Use this network for my tenants downstairs.

Added Boost earlier this summer.  First booster is connected to T3200M, second is in the living room.  Great signal.  Great speeds.

Recently however, my iPhone XR and my MacBook Pro keep dropping off the Boost network,  I try to reconnect but am told the password is wrong (iPhone) or it just won't connect (MacBook).  She can share the PW with me from her phone, and then I can connect. My wife's iPhone 6 has no issues (nor her Windows based PC). 

If I reset the Boost station in the living room I can connect again for a short time, but then the problem re-appears.

I've tried switching the boosters with no affect.  

I am at the end of my technical knowledge.  Any ideas?

64 REPLIES 64

Garry99
Just Moved In

I have the same problems ....I keep dropping connection with TELUS wifi boost and my iPhone XR....and other Apple devices.

oddly no problem on android devices....

gets better...get TELUS home security.....only to find out the TELUS booster wifi is spotty and the mobile phone connection also with TELUS when away is also not reliable....makes me wonder if TELUS has there act together.

Jammer005
Organizer

Just wanted to share that It's been about 5 months since I last posted and I've been running fine with my T3200, 6 Wifi Boosters and many Apple (and smart home) devices including XR and MacBook Pro. Not sure what the final fix was (might have been a complete factory reset of my Telus devices),  Smart steering off, hidden separate SSID 2.4 network for my older 2.4 only devices from the T3200 and everything else running off the boosters on another SSID.