cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Splitting Moca connection from T3200m modem

hng12
Just Moved In

Hi,

I currently have a T3200M modem located in my basement. This is also where my patch panel is located. I would like to hardwire my two optik tv boxes to the modem. The issue is the two tv boxes are both in a spot where it is not close to an ethernet plugin, however there are coax terminals. Am I able to connect both of the boxes to their own moca adapter, and then at the patch panel, connect the two coax cables to a coax splitter, which will then connect to the coax in the back of the T3200M? Will this theoretically work? Will I see an issue with quality? Thanks in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

MoCA uses channels in the 850 MHz to 1500 MHz frequency range so any splitter that can handle 1.5 GHz should work. Here is an example on Amazon. I haven't used this specific one and there are many choices that are similar.
https://www.amazon.ca/Antronix-MMC1004H-B-Splitter-Frontier-Formerly/dp/B07PNJVKQZ

If you happen to have one already that isn't unbranded you can google it to find the specs.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

xray
Hero

Yes, that will work. I currently do that with my T3200M. Make sure you use a MoCA capable coax splitter and good quality RG6 coax cables.

hng12
Just Moved In
Thank you. What would I be looking for in a Moca capable coax splitter? Any recommendations?

MoCA uses channels in the 850 MHz to 1500 MHz frequency range so any splitter that can handle 1.5 GHz should work. Here is an example on Amazon. I haven't used this specific one and there are many choices that are similar.
https://www.amazon.ca/Antronix-MMC1004H-B-Splitter-Frontier-Formerly/dp/B07PNJVKQZ

If you happen to have one already that isn't unbranded you can google it to find the specs.

FuzzyLogic
Community Power User
Community Power User

That should work. You may find this useful:

Coax Network Considerations For MoCA - Motorola Network (motorolacable.com)

Just a long time customer hoping to help.