cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow or no access to certain websites

floorcookies
Just Moved In

I recently just got Gig Fibre internet and work from home doing video editing. The sites I use frequently such as artlist.io and envato.elements.com are failing to load or if it does manage to load will be impossibly slow to navigate through to where I can not download the assets I need.

- Ran a speedtest and still getting 900mb/s+ download/700mb/s+ upload.

- Ran through the troubleshooting on the telus site by restarting the modem etc.

I also currently have shaw internet still and switching back to that I have zero issues on these sites. 

Tried on multiple devices and same exact issue, but the moment I switch to mobile data LTE or Shaw the sites work fine.

Is there a setting I need to change in my router DNS or other setting that will allow me to access these sites properly? any advice greatly appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

The sites load fine for me on fibre and I'm using stock DNS settings on my PC so it's pulling from Telus' DNS. You could try 1.1.1.1 and 1.0.0.1 as the DNS servers on your PC and see if they make a difference. (Info on 1.1.1.1)

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

The sites load fine for me on fibre and I'm using stock DNS settings on my PC so it's pulling from Telus' DNS. You could try 1.1.1.1 and 1.0.0.1 as the DNS servers on your PC and see if they make a difference. (Info on 1.1.1.1)

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

Thanks!

Used 1.1.1.1. and the sites load properly now, don't fully understand the backend of why but this works.

bjon
Friendly Neighbour

Hi Telus.

Your customers shouldn't have to use a VPN to be get the internet to work properly with certain sites.

Why should we have to pay for a VPN or a VPN like service (https://1.1.1.1/)  for your problems?

I'm having to use NORD and it's 90$ a year. 

Other devices like FireTV have a hard time finding VPNs that are compatible.

So Telus please diagnose and fix the problem.

bjon
Friendly Neighbour

Try using a VPN.

If it works let us know.... then Telus has an issue affecting customers in different ways and they better fix it cause the VPN is costing me!