cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow Moca w/ T3200m ?

mafrica
Neighbour

Hello,

I have a MOCA adapter connected to my t3200m and it's getting roughly 200Mbit/s,  however I have a gigabit plan.

I was wondering if the t3200m is Moca 1.0 or 2.0?   The 200Mbit I'm getting would seem to line up with 1.0.    It's an older house and the ancient coax probably isn't doing me any favors.   I guess my next step is to run some sort of

test with a very short / brand new coax cable and see what that provides.   Is there anything else I could try?   The encryption (privacy?) setting on the t3200m is off and the channel is set to auto.

Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2

DrPacman
Rockstar

@mafrica Wrote: I was wondering if the t3200m is Moca 1.0 or 2.0?

The specs seem to indicate that it is MoCA 2.0 (400Mbps-800Mbps). I've attached the specs outline here for your review. Cheers...

https://www.speedguide.net/routers/actiontec-t3200m-bonded-vdsl2-wireless-ac-gateway-3914#:~:text=Su....

If you find this post useful, please give the author a "Solution", or mark as "Kudo", if it solves your problem, thank you very much.

xray
Hero

I believe the T3200M supports MoCA 2.0 so you should be able to get up to 400 Mbps assuming your coax is good and the adapter on the other end is also MoCA 2.0 or 2.5