cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet Is Not What It Should Be.

Roteco
Organizer

I am having issues with my internet speed. I pay for Telus150, and I am getting wi-fi speeds of 7-10 Mbps during a speed test, even after unplugging the router for a while. When wi-fi was slow in the past, I would unplug the router once every two weeks, and speeds would be what I should expect based on what I'm paying for. Then it became once a week that the router needed to be unplugged to get normal wi-fi speed. Now I can unplug the router, and when it is powered back on, I only get a fraction of the speed I'm supposed to be getting. I've noticed buffering issues during streaming as well, even though my streaming equipment is hooked up to an ethernet cable and not on the wi-fi. Is my router cooked? I've had it for a while. It's a T3200M.

I'm curious about the router because my OptikTV goes through it as well, and there has been issues with the onscreen image very recently. I received a text from a Telus number(777222) about two weeks ago, and they said they had noticed issues with my service while performing a routine service check. I hadn't noticed anything wrong with the picture up to then, but since receiving the text, there has been noticeable freezing and pixelation on the screen from my OptikTV. Does the router need replacing?

1 REPLY 1

TELUS_Support
Official Support Team
Official Support Team

It definitely may be the issue for sure. Your best bet would be to contact our Tech Support team as they'll be able to connect through the network to diagnose and troubleshoot your service!

Need to private message us but don't know how? Check out this step-by-step guide.