cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SSID with Boosters

stokedboss
Friendly Neighbour

Hello,

I just received two boosters to help with my home wifi. Is there an issue with naming the booster network the same as the T3200 network? I thought they created a wifi mesh network, so the network is stronger everywhere, is this how I would go about setting that up?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

So after setting the boosters up to the same SSID as the actiontec, our internet was brutal. Devices would drop, speed was terrible (we have gigabit). I found another help article that told me to disable the 2.4ghz band on the t3200 but keep the 5ghz enabled, as you need it for remote Optik boxes. As soon as I removed the 2.4 band on the router the boosters started working about 1000 time’s better.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

FuzzyLogic
Community Power User
Community Power User

I don't have the boosters but according to the Telus docs the default is for them to have the same SSID as your existing network:

https://www.telus.com/en/bc/support/article/setup-wi-fi-plus-range-extender#changing_your_wireless_n...

Just a long time customer hoping to help.

Thanks, I couldn’t find any documents that mentioned that!

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

The T3200, attaches to the first Boost Wi-Fi device by Ethernet, and operates as a separate Mesh Wi-Fi network from the existing one on the T3200M. On the newer routers, it shares the SSID of the router.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"

So after setting the boosters up to the same SSID as the actiontec, our internet was brutal. Devices would drop, speed was terrible (we have gigabit). I found another help article that told me to disable the 2.4ghz band on the t3200 but keep the 5ghz enabled, as you need it for remote Optik boxes. As soon as I removed the 2.4 band on the router the boosters started working about 1000 time’s better.

Bigboy98
Friendly Neighbour

According to the manual and the tech agents that i spoke with, you should disable the wifi on the modem and see if that helps in any way.

For me, i experienced other issues but my wifi on the modem did not interfere with my Boosts at all.