cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Port Forwarding on Telus Wi-Fi Hub

Pbrise
Organizer
I am trying to port forward 7 of my cameras on the new Telus Wi-Fi hub (there is no model number associated with this modem, it is just white and sort of cylindrical in shape). Basically, I would like to port forward 192.168.2.64 on port 556. on the port forward tab it allows me to enter the last digits of the IP (64), then choose TCP under protocol, and then I enter in 556 in both fields under private and public ports, then save. Then using my camera viewing app, I enter in the WAN IP (66.222.###.###) and 554 and this does not work. It used to work fine when I used to port forward on my older Asus AC68u AP. I have tried different variations in the private and public (ie: 80 in both private fields, 554 in both public.... 80 in both public, 554 in both private.....etc. Nothing seems to work. Has anyone else had any success?
5 REPLIES 5

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User
The Arcadyan router operates on 192.168.1.x. Might the issue be the 2.x IP address you described?
NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"

Sorry, I meant the IP that I was using was 192.168.1.64...not 2.64

Bvl2000
Just Moved In

Where did you find the default username and password to login into the webpage i cant seem to find mine 

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

It is on a label on the device. The label is in slightly different locations on different devices, but is easy to find.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"

Tekthis
Just Moved In

This is old, but in case you're still looking for an answer to this or someone else has the same question:

You want to enter 556 in both public port fields and then enter 554 in the private port fields.  Basically, this says it will answer port 556 on the internet side of your router and then forward it through to the camera on port 554, which is the default RTSP port for cameras.