cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

POP3 server does not accept login AGAIN!

couttsy
Friendly Neighbour
Does anyone else have issues with logging into the POP3 server? When this problem arises, I can login to the Webmail server, but that doesn't really help because I can't access the whole email (eg. Header). Every time I complain to Telus about this, I get this reply: --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- We appreciate your patience, and sincerely regret the delay in responding. In regards to your inquiry about logging into POP3 server, to better assist you I've checked your account and found out that you are within a PureFibre community. We would ask that you contact the correct department TELUS Pure Fibre Hotline at 1-855-595-5588 or chat with an agent directly at https://chat.telus.com/chat/chat-futuretown.html?portal=futuretown for proper assistance. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Chat is a complete waste of time, and I don't appreciate listening to elevator music for an hour before talking to someone who can't help me because the problem has self corrected. I am really getting tired of this periodic failure, and really PO'd that I can't get Telus to even accept that there is a problem. J.A. Coutts
3 REPLIES 3

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

POP3 login is working fine for me.

Also, there are separate chats for fibre customers. Did you actually speak with anyone from the fibre chat?

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

couttsy
Friendly Neighbour
Most of the time there is no one available to help, and the only time I got through it wasn't a real person. It was all automated and provided run of the mill "Try This" and Try That". A complete waste of time. J.A. Coutts

couttsy
Friendly Neighbour
As a further bit of information, when this problem arises, I actually connect to the server, but the server responds with "ERR: internal server error". It appears as though the POP server is having difficulty contacting the Authentication server. The Webmail server however does not seem to have that same issue. It may have priority over the POP server (just guessing). J.A. Coutts