cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Internet and optik tv installation in home

seastar
Just Moved In

Hi all, we have an appt scheduled for a new install of fibre internet and tv to our home. I checked outside and see the line coming to a box installed on the side of our house. We are going to try the contactless install....any feedback on this?

I noted that a hole will have to be drilled to get the line inside the house. How does this work in a contactless install?  Does the telus tech drill a hole from the outside, then feed the line to us inside the house, and we do the connections, wall adaptor, etc?   

Thanks for any comments, input 🙂

G

2 REPLIES 2

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

The Telus Tech will provide you the already configured gateway / router, with a coil of fibre. You will attach it to the tip of the drill once the hole is made, and the Tech will withdraw the fibre, attach it along the house to the current termination point, and connect it to the Fibre at that point. Confirmation it is working will be done by the Tech connecting to the Wi-Fi of the gateway.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"

Thank you for the info!   I presume, the tech will give us a wall cover to cover up the hole in wall etc too?  cheers

S