cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NVR, TELUS Modem & HIK-CONNECT

JamesDB
Organizer

I just had Telus installed after being with Shaw. I have my own cameras at my residence connected directly to a NVR (all of which are working). The issue I’m now experiencing is that HIK-CONNECT /IVMS-4500 cannot connect to the cameras/PVR. I have attempted a number of different IP addresses and port numbers in the software but with zero success. The software (IVMS-4500 and HIK-CONNECT) worked great with Shaw but not with the new system. I’m not sure if there are configuration options with the modem that I should be changing or a hidden IP and/or port setting that I have overlooked. 

Has anyone in the community had a similar experience and please help with how to fix this issue?  I have contacted customer service directly regarding this issue to no avail. I know that this is a Telus issue but I’ve hit a wall on the fix. 

THX

Jim

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Are the cameras and NVR Wifi or wired? or a combination?

Also if you login to the admin page of the Telus router you should see a list of the connected devices and their IPs.

Little catch though is the Shaw modem/routers use a different default subnet than the Telus ones so if the cameras were staticlly assigned IPs then they won't work. They might be able to connect to the wifi if the name and password are the same but have no IP connectivity.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

WestCoasterBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

The installer would have left his card if you had any issues after your install. Give him a call.

Thanks,

Unfortunately that has not been a successful route as Telus has claimed that they have no idea how to remedy this. 

spoctoss
Organizer

How are the cameras and PVR getting addresses? Are they DHCP or all statically assigned?

I’m not sure. Could you please let me know how I can determine that?

Are the cameras and NVR Wifi or wired? or a combination?

Also if you login to the admin page of the Telus router you should see a list of the connected devices and their IPs.

Little catch though is the Shaw modem/routers use a different default subnet than the Telus ones so if the cameras were staticlly assigned IPs then they won't work. They might be able to connect to the wifi if the name and password are the same but have no IP connectivity.