cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Move ONT and Modem

Uncertain
Just Moved In
Hi all,

I want to move my ONT location from my basement to my upstairs. The basement is going to be rented out and I'd rather my tenant not have control of my modem etc. Telus won't make the move without charging me so I'd like to do it myself if possible.

All I need is a longer optic cable to run from my outside junction box (where Telus connects from the main line) to the mini primex junction in my house which then runs to the modem/router. The cable I've got is matched what I see was used:

https://www.primecables.ca/p-362023-singlemode-simplex-scapc-to-scapc-9-micron-fiber-cable-3mm-jacke...

I'm wondering if this is as easy as plugging in the new optic cable or is there more to it than this?

Thanks for any tips 🙂
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

You could also consider leaving the ONT in it's current location and running ethernet cable to a new router location. Securing the ONT should be much easier that securing the router.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

You could also consider leaving the ONT in it's current location and running ethernet cable to a new router location. Securing the ONT should be much easier that securing the router.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"