cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MoCA Questions

Kenny_yyc
Organizer

Just got PureFibre installed. A couple of MoCA questions:

1. With my old setup, my Optik PVR was connected over coax using two Actiontec ECB6200 boxes (I don't have Cat5 available at my PVR). Is the ECB6200 compatible with the MoCA port on the new NH20A hub? It would be nice to 'retire' one of the ECB6200s by plugging the coax directly into the NH20A.
  2. Any suggestions for a MoCA 'splitter' that will let me connect two coax runs into a single MoCA line. It would be nice if I could pick one up around Calgary.

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

DrPacman
Rockstar

@Kenny_yyc  Wrote: Is the ECB6200 compatible with the MoCA port on the new NH20A hub?

The MoCa connection on your NH20A is compatible with the Actiontec ECB6200.

However I would recommend that you perhaps upgrade your MoCa device to the newer standard of MoCa 2.5 such as the Actiontec MoCA 2.5 Extender ECB7250A or perhaps the Translite MoCA 2.5 with 2 Ethernet Ports. You'll have far better throughput, and speed compatibility.

I'm really not sure as to your second question. If your looking to have 2 TV's be feed from a single Coaxial cable, any 2.5 splitter is capable of doing this. If I misunderstood the question, please help me understand what your trying to accomplish here. I may be able to assist... Cheers...

If you find this post useful, please give the author a "Solution", or mark as "Kudo", if it solves your problem, thank you very much.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

DrPacman
Rockstar

@Kenny_yyc  Wrote: Is the ECB6200 compatible with the MoCA port on the new NH20A hub?

The MoCa connection on your NH20A is compatible with the Actiontec ECB6200.

However I would recommend that you perhaps upgrade your MoCa device to the newer standard of MoCa 2.5 such as the Actiontec MoCA 2.5 Extender ECB7250A or perhaps the Translite MoCA 2.5 with 2 Ethernet Ports. You'll have far better throughput, and speed compatibility.

I'm really not sure as to your second question. If your looking to have 2 TV's be feed from a single Coaxial cable, any 2.5 splitter is capable of doing this. If I misunderstood the question, please help me understand what your trying to accomplish here. I may be able to assist... Cheers...

If you find this post useful, please give the author a "Solution", or mark as "Kudo", if it solves your problem, thank you very much.

Thanks DrPacman, questions answered.

@Kenny_yyc 

My pleasure.... Cheers