cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migration to gmail, what to do with old Telus apps....

matth3641
Just Moved In

So I've migrated my Telus email successfully to gmail.  Now what do I do with the old Telus webmail app on my laptop?  What about the email client I was using to get Telus email on my PC?  And Telus email accounts still on my iphone?  Do these apps simply get deleted now?  Thanks.  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

Yes. You can’t delete the Apple Mail icon, but you can put it on an unused page.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

Telus webmail was a webpage, not an app. The icon on your laptop was likely just a link to that website, and can be deleted.

You could choose to set up the PC client to access the new webmail site if you prefer, or delete the application if you wish.
The account on your phone can be deleted, but you can set the app to receive email from the new webmail site.

NFtoBC

Thanks for the information.  I understand from what you're saying that the Telus webmail icon on our desktop can be deleted.  I also understand from what you're saying that the 3rd party email client that we've been using could be deleted in favour of just gmail (our preference).  However, last question-we now have two email icons or apps on our iphone screens, one is the mail icon that came with our iphone, the other being the gmail app.  Both get the same new mail notifications, so I'm presuming we can get rid of the mail icon (or bury it on page 3 of our iphones!) and just go with gmail app? Thanks again.  

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

Yes. You can’t delete the Apple Mail icon, but you can put it on an unused page.

NFtoBC