cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LTE Hub

Simone
Just Moved In

Is it possible to upgrade my LTE smart hub to the ZTE MF279 Smart Hub? We were sent the now obsolete Huawei B612s - 51d. A few of my neighbours were sent the ZTE model and the speed and quality of internet is staggering. If more that one user is connected to the Huawei hub the device struggles pretty hard. Also there are frequent power blackouts and the ZTE model has a battery onboard which would be really nice to have internet on our phones during a blackout.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

It is possible they are on a different plan than you. Telus offers rural Internet plans which the speed is capped at 25 Mbps download and upload, and non rural plans which has no cap on the speed as far as I’m aware of. Another factor is signal quality from cell tower and/or wifi congestion! Anything wireless is bound to have hiccups and interference of some sort. I have the huawei hub and haven’t had any complaints and I have friends that have the zte hub and I gotta say they are both at par with each other when it comes to performance, the only real difference is the battery backup on the zte hub.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

k2spirit839
Coach

Have you contacted Telus directly to inquire about this? Both smarthubs are very similar and have there own unique pros and cons. Perhaps you may want to do some research on both hubs to compare them.

Maybe you didn't read what I had posted so let me help you with the cliff notes 
" A few of my neighbours were sent the ZTE model and the speed and quality of internet is staggering."

It is possible they are on a different plan than you. Telus offers rural Internet plans which the speed is capped at 25 Mbps download and upload, and non rural plans which has no cap on the speed as far as I’m aware of. Another factor is signal quality from cell tower and/or wifi congestion! Anything wireless is bound to have hiccups and interference of some sort. I have the huawei hub and haven’t had any complaints and I have friends that have the zte hub and I gotta say they are both at par with each other when it comes to performance, the only real difference is the battery backup on the zte hub.