cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet

Dom12
Neighbour

I have recently had a new internet box installed to help fix our issue with laggy/slow internet well now my Xbox’s aren’t connecting properly so we can watch movies or do all that but we can not play online multiplayer games on the consoles. Have tried to contact Telus support team 3 times now and each time was told it wasn’t anything they could do on there end and that I would have to contact Microsoft/xbox support to fix this issue even though they told me the ip address that my internet has is different from the one on my Xbox’s so I am at a loss and unsure how to get the issue resolved and wondering if anyone else has has this issue!

4 REPLIES 4

Zman2k2
Leader

Can you describe how everything is connected?  Is it wired or wireless?  If it’s wireless, are the network name and password entered properly?  A little background would go a long way.  Thanks.

Both my xboxs are wireless but worked fine with the old router till it craped out the new one works for Netflix and youtube and stuff but when it comes to playing online games it won't connect to the network my wifi info on my xboxs shows no NAT network connection it says their is ipv4 but my ipv6 won't show up cause their is no ip address set up for it I don't know much more but something in my router settings is not set up right

TELUS_Support
Official Support Team
Official Support Team

Hey @Dom12 we could try to help with this issue. Please send us a private message and we'll take a look

Need to private message us but don't know how? Check out this step-by-step guide.

It is wireless and yes everything is entered correctly the problem that’s coming up is it says the NAT type is unavailable and my consoles are still running on ipv4 and not ipv6 they are connected to the internet but I cannot play multiplayer games