cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet usage notification does not match usage shown in My Telus

Doran
Just Moved In

So, a situation that has been re-occuring for the past year or so....

I receive emails from Telus that say "You've exceeded your monthly internet data allowance".  However, when I log into my Telus and check our usage, we are usually only about 50%-75% used.  I don't think we have ever gone over our usage in this event.  On a positive note, at least our bill has never reflected any of these overages and we have not been unduly charged.

Years ago, we used to have a smaller home data plan, so I feel this notification is somehow looking at that data limit, but thankfully our billing is referencing the correct data limit.

I have phoned their tech support and have spoken to mulitple people about this, but it still keeps happening.   Are there Telus Support people monitoring these forums?  It would be nice to rid myself of these false notifications.

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

FuzzyLogic
Community Power User
Community Power User

I've been having a similar experience and posted this a few weeks back:

https://forum.telus.com/t5/Internet-Home-Phone/Internet-usage-notification-you-ve-used-75-of-your-mo...

I too was on a different plan and the warnings seem to be related to the limit I had on that plan.

I recently talked to Telus support as well as billing and both said they would investigate. I asked to get a ticket# so I can reference if it happens again.

Hopefully it get's sorted out.

I believe the Ideas section is monitored as I've had a response from Telus for one of my posts there.

Just a long time customer hoping to help.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

FuzzyLogic
Community Power User
Community Power User

I've been having a similar experience and posted this a few weeks back:

https://forum.telus.com/t5/Internet-Home-Phone/Internet-usage-notification-you-ve-used-75-of-your-mo...

I too was on a different plan and the warnings seem to be related to the limit I had on that plan.

I recently talked to Telus support as well as billing and both said they would investigate. I asked to get a ticket# so I can reference if it happens again.

Hopefully it get's sorted out.

I believe the Ideas section is monitored as I've had a response from Telus for one of my posts there.

Just a long time customer hoping to help.