cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet stops working every 10 hours

Cuidavo
Neighbour

It has been happening for 3 days now, I've already had my booster replaced and it didn't fix it. Every 10 hours the internet stops working and I have to reboot the modem in order for it to work later. I need help with this, support isn't giving me a reason or an actual solution for this issue. Several people are having the same problem with no reason or solution. 

13 REPLIES 13

TelAMob
Neighbour

Same here, for the past three days. Hope you get a decent reply soon!

Thank you! I've been trying but they just keep saying the same "just restart the modem" stuff. Not helpful at all for long term :S 

TELUS_Support
Official Support Team
Official Support Team

Hey @Cuidavo - have you tried a factory reset on the router?

Need to private message us but don't know how? Check out this step-by-step guide.

Hello! Yes I did a factory reset and the issue is still happening! 

LuffyGum
Neighbour

I've been having the same issue with my home internet, TV, and landline three days in a row. The service would stop working at random time of the day and for a few hours. I tried restarting my modem, factory reset, and calling Telus to check if there's any modem update they can do on their end for me. I was on the phone for two hours. The phone call quality was horrible because the phone signal is weak in my residential area. I finally got to a coffee shop and had internet, only to find out there's no outage update or any kind of post on Telus' website. Not to mention the Telus app mentions nothing at all about the issue. I'm really curious how do customers stay informed and updated on what's going on? No home internet means I can't log in to my Telus app, and it's difficult to just go online and check the outage map. Landline is not working either so i'm forced to head out and find internet elsewhere myself. 

Yeah, the worst thing is that technical support hasn't been able to provide a real solution for the problem.

TELUS_Support
Official Support Team
Official Support Team

Hi @Cuidavo we definitely want to help with this situation. Please send us a private message and we will check on the status of your service

Need to private message us but don't know how? Check out this step-by-step guide.

mikeps73
Neighbour

Same here.  3 days in a row.  I live in Saanich.  I have to reboot fibre router 2 times a day.  The speed of the Telus service is nice but the reliability is very poor.

Same issue downtown Victoria 

TELUS_Support
Official Support Team
Official Support Team

Hey @mikeps73 are you still experiencing this today? You may want to reach out to our Tech Support team to have them investigate. Feel free to send us a private message if you'd like to discuss further!

No, my optik router hasn't needed a reboot in 3 days, so far so good. It would be good if TELUS could post the problem and resolution in this forum so that we all know what the problem was.

TELUS_Support
Official Support Team
Official Support Team

If we hear of a resolution for this, we'll definitely do so. Please let us know if it gives you any further issues down the road!

glendroid23
Neighbour

Having the same issues here. Every 10 hours. Spent 2+ hours on the phone this morning and didn’t get any real solutions. Still cutting out.