cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet PureFiber plan upgrade

ndufort
Neighbour

I upgrade my PureFiber 75 internet plan last Thursday evening to PureFiber 500.  I got an email confirmation of my order the next day, but no information as to how long I need to wait to see the upgrade in D/U speeds, or if a technician visit is even required.  Having already the fiber modem/gear from my last plan, I did not expect that to take more than a day or so.

Does anyone have an idea where I can get this info?  I tried to use the "chatbot", but it fails to understand my simple questions.

My billing info has been updated, and MyTelus app/account page on the website reflect the change.  Reading some other stories in this forum, I would not want to start paying for a service I'm not getting (next bill is coming up in a week).

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

ndufort
Neighbour

Problem solved.  After talking to a technician, we found out that my ethernet cable was the limiting factor.  I swapped that with a more recent one that allows for the expected U/D speeds.

Thanks everyone.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

A-B
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey! The change should've been fairly instantaneous. Have you run an online speed test to see what speeds you're getting? If it's still your old speed, you'll need to reach out to our team at 1-888-811-2323 to get them to investigate!

DrPacman
Rockstar

@ndufort Wrote: I upgrade my PureFiber 75 internet plan last Thursday evening to PureFiber 500. 

I might suggest that you reboot the ONT Router/Firewall to make sure all the provisioning's that maybe passed down to that device has been done. Then check with the major speed-test sites to see if your upload and down have indeed increased.

Last resort, call support to have them verify indeed everything have been provisioned correctly.

If you find this post useful, please give the author a "Solution", or mark as "Kudo", if it solves your problem, thank you very much.

ndufort
Neighbour

I forgot to mention that I had done a reboot (and I did another one just now), but I'm still getting the old speeds.

I'll consider a call after work.

ndufort
Neighbour

Problem solved.  After talking to a technician, we found out that my ethernet cable was the limiting factor.  I swapped that with a more recent one that allows for the expected U/D speeds.

Thanks everyone.

A-B
Community Manager
Community Manager

Awesome, thanks for the update! Appreciate your patience!