cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Increased land phone line monthly payment for 200%

Palilulac
Friendly Neighbour

Ten years ago I was thinking of cancelling my land line but changed my mind and decided to keep it because i got that number in 1995 when I landed in Canada. Just sentimental value for me nothing else since I'm using mobile phone for work and communication with friends. TELUS charged me at that time $5 per month. Line is not in use except during election months when I was getting calls from BC political parties and MLM or scammers. Few months ago I got bill from TELUS in which I have to pay $15 per month. My phone line was disconnected due to unpaid balance. I paid in advance for tree months $15 which should be fine for that time but they charged me $15 per month and amount paid wasn't enough therefore they disconnected my phone line . When I paid for the next four months they did reconnect my phone and took $45 as a fee for that service?! I even didn't know that phone line was disconnected since as i said earlier I'm not using this line except for banking when my online bank is calling to give me a password. They even didn't aske do i wish to be reconnected? Increase of 200% is very unreasonable.  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

TELUS_Support
Official Support Team
Official Support Team

Please send us a private message with your account details so we can review your situation and address the billing concerns.

Need to private message us but don't know how? Check out this step-by-step guide.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

TELUS_Support
Official Support Team
Official Support Team

Please send us a private message with your account details so we can review your situation and address the billing concerns.

Need to private message us but don't know how? Check out this step-by-step guide.

Palilulac
Friendly Neighbour

Home phone number is (Removed phone number, personal info provided).

Palilulac
Friendly Neighbour

Not sure what does it mean "Accept as Solution"

Palilulac
Friendly Neighbour

We are using this phone number and we are TELUS customers since 1995 and I think that we deserved to be informed about 200% bill increase. Also, i even didn't know that this land line was disconnected since I didn't use my home computer for online banking for the last six months. I was charged for reconnection $45? Again, I wasn't informed that there will be charge for reconnection?

TELUS_Support
Official Support Team
Official Support Team

Hi again, please send us a private message so we can review your situation and address the billing concerns. You can find an envelope icon at the top of the page, which will allow you to send private messages.

Look exactly what is about to happen to my account. Telus shutdown my home land line without warning and when I phoned them to investigate they told me that they will charge me $175 to send a technician to check and reconnect my line.  Our building manager told me that there was a Telus technician working in the building this week which may have caused the outage to some units phone lines that may disable their security and fire alarm. Sound like a scam is about to happen.  Techician is now scheduled 2 weeks grom now and I'm just hoping that no major incident would occur because of this as Telus seems unconcern about it.