cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you get the new Telus Gmail to work in Mozilla?

DebSS
Just Moved In

Hating the migration already. Not only did Office 365 crash yesterday but now I can't get the telus addy to work in Mozilla. Can someone post what I need to do. Tried normal password, ssl, filled in the 993 and 465 ports, I turned off the 2 step verification.  Fed up...help someone tell me how to get my email in Mozilla. I have imap.telus.net in the slot...nothing.  Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

Here are the instructions: https://www.telus.com/en/bc/support/article/set-up-telus-email-thunderbird-mozilla

If you are using imap.telus.net, you're looking at the old email instructions.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

Here are the instructions: https://www.telus.com/en/bc/support/article/set-up-telus-email-thunderbird-mozilla

If you are using imap.telus.net, you're looking at the old email instructions.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

Worked like a charm. I was overthinking it all. Too many things on my brain. Thanks for the help. 

DebSS,

The only significant issue I had with Thunderbird is making Google Calendar work with Lightning. The Thunderbird add on for Lightning normally used did not seem to like the Google account that Telus created. I eventually solved it by installing a different add on that inserts a Open Google Calendar Tab right into Thunderbird. It works with the Telus created Google account. 

This did not work for me. Step 9 does not bring up a Google window, I just get an error message ""Unable to login at server. Probably wrong configuration, username or password"

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

@Biggalo ,

Have you confirmed you can login to the Gmail webmail interface, and are certain you set the same credentials in Mozilla?

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"