cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has anyone Ever Set Up A Personal Capable Router For Telus IP TV?

kamak
Ambassador

Has anyone ever done this successfully with any other router than the Telus routers?

Ex: TP-Link AX11000 Manual, P 71- 72

https://static.tp-link.com/upload/manual/2022/202202/20220228/1910012815_Archer%20AX11000(EU)_UG_REV...

2022-04-13_13-16-54.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

I have. WIth an old Linksys router. Really easy to configure it too - one check box. It worked for about 6-7 months before the router burned out. It couldn't handle the multicast data traffic at that point. I've been using the T3200 by itself ever since. This was before 4K set top boxes were in use so the data was much less. Few routers properly support or handle multicast data. Finding one that reliably works is a challenge, especially if you have 4K.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

I have. WIth an old Linksys router. Really easy to configure it too - one check box. It worked for about 6-7 months before the router burned out. It couldn't handle the multicast data traffic at that point. I've been using the T3200 by itself ever since. This was before 4K set top boxes were in use so the data was much less. Few routers properly support or handle multicast data. Finding one that reliably works is a challenge, especially if you have 4K.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

Why waste/tax a brand new expensive router when you can continue to use a free supplied router by the ISP.