cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change internal IP address range

Darrells
Neighbour
The telus router is configured to 192.168.1.254.

Can I change it to 192.168.0.254 or part of any other range?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

If you are running the VPN client from your computer there is no need to change your home LAN subnet unless your work VPN permits a split tunneling which is not very secure for a work VPN.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

Yes, just keep notes of any changes you make, so you can easily manage your network.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"

Can you please tell me how/where?

Why do you want to make this change? What is the purpose?

There is a conflict with systems. it will be easier to change the Telus router settings if that is possible.

It's easy to change by logging in as admin on the router. Credentials should be on a sticker on the side of the router.

Most people who are absolutely sure they need to change the subnet would already know this. Just saying.

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

@Darrells wrote:

There is a conflict with systems. it will be easier to change the Telus router settings if that is possible.

What kind of conflict? Are you connecting more than one router together? What kind of network setup are you using?

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

In my case working remotely I connect to the office with a VPN and they are using 192.168.1.x addresses.  They are not going to change their end, so...

If you are running the VPN client from your computer there is no need to change your home LAN subnet unless your work VPN permits a split tunneling which is not very secure for a work VPN.