cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cell Phone return problem

fredgrim3091
Just Moved In

Hi,

I have recently changed my cell phone plan and phone, going from Telus to Koodo because my contract was almost over (july 9th I think). The process was smooth and they told me in store that I had 1 month to return my phone at any telus location (it was a lease option).

Forward about a week and a half later, I did a factory reset and brought it back to a telus store (in Vaudreuil not to mention it). They tell me they can't do the return there, that I have to go to Telus in Pointe-Claire (Fairview mall). I'm not mad, I go there in the next couple of days. The guy there tries to help me and after about 15 minutes, he tells me he can't do the return because my account was closed (not my problem again, but hey, what can I say?). He tells me I have to call ''service à la clientèle'', that they will give me a return number and then, they can do the return in store.

It brings us to today, I call ''service à la clientèle'', if you can call it this way. This dude on the phone got me so mad. I wonder if that's how they learn the job or if he was just on a bad day. The guy tells me it's my fault, that I should of returned the phone prior to switching to Koodo, like I'm suppose to know? I was told it was an easy process, and I can't deal with a day or two without a phone (work and kids), so how was I suppose to know? He can't help me, but can offer a in store credi of 220$ when Telus charges 385$ for the phone.

I'm not trying to get anything for free, I'm not trying to fool anyone or be a Karen. I'm just trying to get a return number to return a perfectly working phone like I was told to. The ''month'' I had to return the phone is almost over, and I don't want to hear this as an excuse. My bill is du on july 12th and would like the phone to be in your hands with the credit on it. 

Thanks,

1 REPLY 1

TELUS_Support
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for contacting us and sharing your recent experience. We apologize for the inconvenience and frustration you've faced while attempting to return your phone after switching to Koodo. Your concerns have been escalated, and a representative will be in touch with you shortly to provide further assistance.