cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot Access network from outside, unable to do port forwording

kumail
Friendly Neighbour

Hi, I recently got Telus 1gig pure fiber net, now when I am trying to access the network or if I am trying to make any gaming server, I am unable to do that because I think Telus has blocked each and everything from outside, I have also a system which I need to access from outside network through Remote Desktop Connection(RDP), I have tried each and everything, I have turned off my router firewall as well as I have disabled intrusion detection(DDOS Atack and Ping from outside) still I am even unable to ping my current public IP from the outside network, also I have NOIP ddns which I have entered in my router but still I am unable to do port forwarding or even ping my router from outside.

Is there anyone else who faced a similar problem, and if yes then what's the solution?
Just one thing which I have not tried yet is Bridge mode because currently, I do not have any second router which I can connect to the Telus modem for bridging.

My telus modem model is : Arcadyan NH20A

I am also attaching some pictures for clarification2022-11-22_22-48-54.jpg2022-11-22_22-49-27.jpg2022-11-22_22-50-11.jpg2022-11-22_22-50-30.jpg2022-11-22_22-50-50.jpg2022-11-22_22-51-16.jpg2022-11-22_22-51-33.jpg2022-11-22_22-56-50.jpgScreenshot 2022-11-23 115255.jpgtelus1.JPG.

8 REPLIES 8

DrPacman
Rockstar

@kumail Wrote: I am unable to do that because I think Telus has blocked each and everything from outside.

Personally I have not had any problems like this at all. However looking at the images you posted I see you are not behind a Carrier-grade NAT  address. So that is a good start for you.

*** That being said, when you get this all straightened out please shut off your modem for at lease 12 hours so you receive and new IP address from Telus that is not published here publicly. ***

When you call in and explain the issue further do NOT mention port forwarding. This will cause the agent to deem your inquiry as out of scope.

For example, I explained friends could no longer play games with me. I explained it was like being on a xbox with strict nat, except that I play on a computer.

Tell them you are having problems with your connection being on NAT444 and you would like it changed back to NAT44.

People have had success with contacting Telus support and requesting the agent contact network support from within Telus and have them recreate the QOS profile.

Network support wiped my QOS profile and recreated it. Whether the setting for NAT444/44 was in there or not, the agent would not confirm nor deny.

After re-creating my QOS profile, they had me reboot my modem. It came back up with a public IP that they were able to utilize.

If you find this post useful, please give the author a "Solution", or mark as "Kudo", if it solves your problem, thank you very much.

kumail
Friendly Neighbour

Thanks a lot, buddy, will try to call them tomorrow, I was thinking the same that most of the call center agents may be unaware of these technical things like port forwarding and RDP, etc that's why I have posted here but now u guided me how to talk with them so let's see.

By the way, I connected mobile hotspot while I was pinging from an external network however the Telus page which is shown in the picture was previously loaded 😁

xray
Hero

Port 21 is blocked. See this:

https://www.telus.com/en/bc/business/support/article/telus-hsia-security-measures-policy

Port 8080 should be open at the router but your device (Windows?) may be blocking it.

Where is the device that you are doing the Telnet to 8080 form? If it's connected inside your LAN then it's not going to work. You need to be outside your LAN to be able to access your WAN IP.

I assume you have assigned 192.168.10.235 to your server and not using DHCP?

kumail
Friendly Neighbour

Thanks a lot, buddy, will try to call them tomorrow, I was thinking the same that most of the call center agents may be unaware of these technical things like port forwarding and RDP, etc that's why I have posted here but now u guided me how to talk with them so let's see.

By the way, I connected mobile hotspot while I was pinging from an external network however the Telus page which is shown in the picture was previously loaded 😁

kumail
Friendly Neighbour

yes I have windows ten server and I have just made IIS with port 8080 to check whether it is connecting from outside the network or not, then I switched to the mobile hotspot which is shaw network, and from that network, I was unable to telnet or ping that IIS serving which has local static IP: 192.168.10.235 and port forwarding on the main router modem.

xray
Hero

As a test try setting up IIS on a random port like 9999, add a new port forwarding for 9999 and then use a site like canyouseeme.org to check if 9999 is responding.

Edit: Also check your firewall rules on your Windows PC. See this post:
https://www.reddit.com/r/telus/comments/hue4wo/telus_wifi_hub_port_forwarding/

kumail
Friendly Neighbour

So, the issue was resolved, without contacting them but yes thanks to all of you, what I did I just reset my modem and then set all thing from starting myself and changed my web server port from 8080 to 9999 and it's working now, I think I played too much with router settings that's why it was not even getting ping from out side, but now it's connecting from an outside server.

xray
Hero

Good to hear you got it working.

Thanks for reporting details of the fix so that others in the community can benefit from the information. All to often people get their issue resolved and then just stop responding to the thread.

Out of curiosity did you get a different WAN IP address after the reboot?