cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't access Google Sheets spreadsheet!

Snooze
Neighbour

For years I've had access to a Google Sheets spreadsheet online (administered by someone else in a volunteer group).

I just tried to open it for the first time since the Telus migration to Google.

I get the following message:

"We are sorry, but you do not have access to Google Docs. Please contact your Organization Administrator for access."

This is a standalone home computer. There is no network, no organization, and no admin but me.

HOW DO I FIX THIS?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

@Snooze 

You need to specifically login to your regular Gmail address, and you’ll be able to access the documents folder. This may mean you need to logout from your Telus webmail account and complete a fresh login, or there may be an option to Switch Accounts.

Think of your Telus email (Telus G-suite) as a walled garden on Google’s island. You have to exit the garden to see the rest of the island.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

polecat
All-Star

@Snooze  Even to acesss google maps you have to have a personal google mail address. Telus g suite will not work. Polecat

Thanks but your reply doesn't answer my question.

I already have a personal google email address.

So....  what do I do next?

I forgot to say, I don't knowhat "Telus G Suite" is. Can you tell me where I can find out what you mean? Or can you explain what you are referring to?

The Telus switch to Google is clearly what broke my long-standing access to Google Docs. I need to know how to fix it. This is a problem created by Telus, not by me.

@Snooze  I had to sign into google maps with my personal gmail -------- I assume you have to do the same for for any other google  accounts  Documents ?

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

@Snooze 

You need to specifically login to your regular Gmail address, and you’ll be able to access the documents folder. This may mean you need to logout from your Telus webmail account and complete a fresh login, or there may be an option to Switch Accounts.

Think of your Telus email (Telus G-suite) as a walled garden on Google’s island. You have to exit the garden to see the rest of the island.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"