cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't access Google Maps any more!

allec
Organizer
When I attempt to access google maps, I get this message: " "We are sorry, but you do not have access to Google Maps. Please contact your Organization Administrator for access." . When I look it up on Google help, it says that I need to log into the Admin Console and allow access. But when I attempt that, it says that I don't have access to the admin account because it is a G-Suite account. Just another email migration hick up. J.A. Coutts
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

cpantelis
TELUS Employee
TELUS Employee

Hey everyone! I posted a thread on how to solve the "Please contact your Organization Administrator" issue yesterday. Hopefully it could help anyone still experiencing issues. 

https://forum.telus.com/t5/Internet-Home-Phone/Gmail-Migration-quot-Please-contact-your-Organization...

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

Log out of your Telus email account completely. Google maps will then work. 

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

FuzzyLogic
Community Power User
Community Power User

Alternatively use an Incognito (Google Chrome) or InPrivate (Microsoft Edge) window to access Google Maps while logged into Google hosted Telus webmail.

Just a long time customer hoping to help.

Thanks Nighthawk. That actually works. I had a hunch that it was something like that, so I signed out of Google Search. I only use the browser to access Gmail to delete messages, so I did not consider having to sign out of it too. I suppose I will have to go through the listening to music routine to try and get Telus to enable it. This is BS. For those that are unfamiliar with oAUTH2, you actually stay logged into Google, and authorize the Gmail API to access your mail through a token that is stored as a cookie. That is why Google prefers you to access Gmail through a browser. Google Maps is just another API that has to be authorized, but I have never had trouble accessing it until now. J.A. Coutts

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

The simplest way is to have a Gmail account. If you log in to the Gmail account first, then log in to your Telus email, you can access both but the primary cookie in use will be for whichever account was logged in to first. I do that with three Gmail accounts and the Telus email and can switch between them easily in Gmail by clicking the user icon / menu in the top right. All the other Google services I access are tied to that first Gmail login.

Calling in won't get the extra Google services enabled. Tech support has no possible way of doing it nor would they have anyone they could forward the request to. The way Google's enterprise platform is set up, each feature (ie Maps) would have to be individually enabled and Telus isn't going to do that at an individual user email account level. If Telus was to enable additional Google services they'd most likely be doing it across the entire user base and knowing Google, for millions of users / email accounts, there's a decent chance Google will charge for it. 

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

That explains it. I used to occasionally access my wife's old Gmail account, but it kept popping up in unwanted places, so I disabled it. I block scripts except for places I trust, and Google isn't one of the places I trust. I think signing out of the Telus Gmail when I need Google maps is less painful. Just another pain in the butt caused by this email migration. J.A. Coutts

Thank you!  It is odd though because we were able to access google directions back in March, 2021 and that was after the migration.  We now use your toggle solution.  It's an extra couple of clicks each time we want to open our telus email but it's worth it to have the extra google service available when we need them.  Thanks again.

Hello - thanks for your help on this!  It fixed the issue I had in Chrome when using google maps but I am still having the same issue on my iphone for maps.... any idea on how to fix that?

thanks in advance,
Denise

cpantelis
TELUS Employee
TELUS Employee

Hey everyone! I posted a thread on how to solve the "Please contact your Organization Administrator" issue yesterday. Hopefully it could help anyone still experiencing issues. 

https://forum.telus.com/t5/Internet-Home-Phone/Gmail-Migration-quot-Please-contact-your-Organization...

I think your "#1 Accepted Solution" is a convoluted workaround which doesn't really work well for all or even most users, whereas FuzzyLogic's response contained the best solutions to this very irritating and mystifying problem (until one can find this forum) and should be posted as the "#1 Accepted Solution" with yours below it as the #2 Accepted Solution.

AnnaE_0-1636517989018.png

Suzi
Just Moved In

I got the same result when searching google maps today.  Then I found that it was taking me to Google.com.  When I tried to access Google.ca/maps, it worked fine.