cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Call Back Feature

JayKob
Just Moved In
The call back feature isn’t working. Every time I select to use this feature, I’m told that I’ll receive a call back. When my phone rings for the call back, I answer it and then the system gives me the message that should be given if it reaches my voicemail. This is very frustrating because it ends the call, thinking I’ve missed the call back. This needs to get fixed!
11 REPLIES 11

dru
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks so much for flagging this, @JayKob. We'll forward this feedback to our stakeholders for investigation. 

The call back requests I press "1" to accept the call.  I press "1" and it claims no button was pushed and hangs up.  Has happened 2 times now.  What is a user supposed to do here!

Update, my phone is an iOS device. When the call-back happens their is a banner that drops from the top screen. Using this option results in failed number recognition by the phone system. On subsequent call-backs, I used the main phone app icon and the phone system recognized the number tones.--

dru
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for following up - it's important feedback that will help us improve 🙂

jojo59
Neighbour

Telus Call Back feature does not work on my iOS cell phone either.  Call back goes straight to voicemail.  No ringing.   Not shown as a missed call either.  It hasn't worked with call backs from any department with Telus for a few years now. I've complained, and still it does not work.   Have to use landline for call backs to reach me.  Telus needs to fix this asap.  Not everyone has a landline.  

dru
Community Manager
Community Manager

Would you, by chance, have Call Control enabled? Call control is highly effective but there is a caveat in that call back systems are not able to circumvent it. 

The call back issue is with my cell phone.
Call control is a feature with landline phones. Landline is fine for call backs.
Call backs from Telus should work both with cell phones & landlines.

dru
Community Manager
Community Manager

Call control is available for mobile as well. I've hyperlinked an article about Call Control for mobile in my previous post which walks you through how to manage it (and check to see if it's enabled on your line).

My cell phone carrier is not with Telus, so therefore I don’t have call control feature on my cell phone.

For what it's worth, I have Call Control enabled on all my lines.  Whenever I receive a callback from TELUS, it's successfully passed-through Call Control with a Result of something like globally accepted/allowed.

JamesStewart
Organizer

I have the number that shows on the CID saved in my contacts.  I've had no issue with callbacks previously.  However, I was supposed to receive a callback Saturday morning that I didn't think was even attempted as my phone didn't ring.

Later, I noticed in the call logs that there were a few calls, but they're marked as "Blocked by Phone" though.  I have a Samsung Galaxy Z Flip4, and assume that Hiya is blocking TELUS as a spam call, even though it's saved in my contacts.