cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buzzer not working after internet installation

lliew
Just Moved In
Hi everyone,
Wonder if anyone has issues with buzzer stopped working after Telus installed internet 75 in my apartment. Apparently it’s using the same phone jack for both internet and buzzer. Any suggestion is much appreciated. Telus is not taking responsibility because they are saying my building had my buzzer disconnected but I am sure it was working before internet was installed.
2 REPLIES 2

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

If the internet connection replaced your phone landline, then what you are experiencing is very likely. Have you discussed with  your building management?

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"

FuzzyLogic
Community Power User
Community Power User

I had a similar situation upgrading to Internet 75. Our door buzzer no longer worked after the change. I contacted our building manager and he got someone in to look at it and were able to fix the issue. I got a bill for the work as they said I made the arrangements with Telus to make the change and it had been fine prior to the work. I contacted Telus and informed them of what happened and stated that all was fine prior to the upgrade. I was requested to send them a copy of the invoice for the work and they reimbursed me and offered some perks (free movies, etc.) for the inconvenience.

Not sure if that helps but I would followup with Telus to let them know this issue was caused by their installer.

Just a long time customer hoping to help.