cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Boost wifi settings getting disabled when changing SSID

Sicksir
Neighbour

I just got the Boost Wifi kit and I'm running into this really weird problem. Either when setting them up through the app or through the admin console as soon as I change the SSID for the Boost wifi, I can no longer see the Boosts on the app and when I login to them on my desktop, half of the settings including Overview, Devices, and most other settings are blank pages. 

When I do the factory reset everything is fine until I change the SSID and then the behavior repeats itself. I've tried factory resetting a bunch of times and running into the same problem. 

Anyone else experience this? Very weird...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I was able to figure out the solution in my case. If I updated both the SSID + Password at the same time from the Default settings it would cause that issue as described. However, when I tried updating the SSID first and saving the settings then update the password next, everything is working as expected and I can get into the rest of the settings. 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

Which router do you have that you are connecting them to? AFAIK, the new Arcadyan unit does not allow separate SSID, but the T3200 does.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"

Sorry I should have mentioned but they are connected to the T3200 and I have a different SSID on the T3200 just for the OptikTVs.

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

My experience with the Boost Wi-Fi devices with a separate SSID was they appeared to the T3200M as an Ethernet device. I really did no changes to them, other than setting up the additional SSID, so can't offer much further advice.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"

I was able to figure out the solution in my case. If I updated both the SSID + Password at the same time from the Default settings it would cause that issue as described. However, when I tried updating the SSID first and saving the settings then update the password next, everything is working as expected and I can get into the rest of the settings.