cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Arcadyan NH20A Class A Subnet Mask on LAN Port

Bartsch_Labs
Friendly Neighbour

I'm trying to set my Arcadyan NH20A LAN IP Address to 10.0.0.1 with a Class A subnet mask of 255.0.0.0.  I can't because the first 3 octets of the subnet mask are greyed out. 

What's the trick to set the NH20A to 10.0.0.1 and disable DHCP?

I should mention that I have 3 Optik TV devices, too.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@Bartsch_Labs Wrote: Yes, I have my own DHCP server.  When you say "the device", I take it you're not referring to the NH20A, because the NH20A doesn't seem to have a bridge mode.  

Ok, lets try this to see how it works for you... Indeed I am referring to the TELUS device as the device.

Now here is where the complication may come into the picture. TELUS has 2 very similar devices that they refer to as NH20A. First one is a Technicolor FXA500 and then the other is the Arcadyan NH20A

You need to make sure which one you have.

Instructions for the Technicolor FXA500.

Technicolor FXA5000.jpg

To get to the setting that will allow you to change the modem into bridged mode go to the following settings.

Settings - Broadband Icon - Local Port Mode.

Local Port Mode.jpg

And the Arcadyan NH20A

Network - LAN -Bridge

Network - Lan - Bridge.jpg

I would set the bridge to use the 10Gbps port myself as that will support everything from 1Gbps to 10Gbps out to your 3rd party router where you can set all your network settings.

Hope this helps... Cheers...

If you find this post useful, please give the author a "Solution", or mark as "Kudo", if it solves your problem, thank you very much.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Bartsch_Labs
Friendly Neighbour

Bumping this post due to zero responses.  @DrPacman, any ideas?

DrPacman
Rockstar

@Bartsch_Labs Wrote: What's the trick to set the NH20A to 10.0.0.1 and disable DHCP?

Sorry I missed to post for a bit...

I have my device in 10Gbps bridged mode, however, I can connect an Ethernet cable to port 1 of the NH20A and get a IP that allows me to log into the device.

Under the LAN settings I see that I can change any of the addresses that I need to. Is this where you are trying to make your changes?

If you are wanting to disable DHCP, I would gather that you have something else that will issue those IP addresses. Why would you not just place the device into bridged mode and let that device handle the network aspects?

Your Optik TV would still work if you have passes that signal out to the devices via the MoCA port on you NH20A.

If you find this post useful, please give the author a "Solution", or mark as "Kudo", if it solves your problem, thank you very much.

Under the LAN settings I see that I can change any of the addresses that I need to. Is this where you are trying to make your changes?

Thank you so much for your response. 

Under Network > LAN on the NH20A is where I'm trying to set the IP address to 10.0.0.1, IP Subnet Mask to 255.0.0.0 and disable DHCP.  I do not seem able to do so.  The first 3 octets of the subnet mask are greyed out.

If you are wanting to disable DHCP, I would gather that you have something else that will issue those IP addresses. Why would you not just place the device into bridged mode and let that device handle the network aspects?

Yes, I have my own DHCP server.  When you say "the device", I take it you're not referring to the NH20A, because the NH20A doesn't seem to have a bridge mode.  

What I'm trying to achieve is to change my network from 192.168.x.0 to 10.0.0.0 so as to open up a larger address space, without adding VLANs and a router.

Your Optik TV would still work if you have passes that signal out to the devices via the MoCA port on you NH20A.

I don't use the MoCA port of the NH20A.  All devices in my network, including the Optik TV boxes are connected via Ethernet or WiFi.

@Bartsch_Labs Wrote: Yes, I have my own DHCP server.  When you say "the device", I take it you're not referring to the NH20A, because the NH20A doesn't seem to have a bridge mode.  

Ok, lets try this to see how it works for you... Indeed I am referring to the TELUS device as the device.

Now here is where the complication may come into the picture. TELUS has 2 very similar devices that they refer to as NH20A. First one is a Technicolor FXA500 and then the other is the Arcadyan NH20A

You need to make sure which one you have.

Instructions for the Technicolor FXA500.

Technicolor FXA5000.jpg

To get to the setting that will allow you to change the modem into bridged mode go to the following settings.

Settings - Broadband Icon - Local Port Mode.

Local Port Mode.jpg

And the Arcadyan NH20A

Network - LAN -Bridge

Network - Lan - Bridge.jpg

I would set the bridge to use the 10Gbps port myself as that will support everything from 1Gbps to 10Gbps out to your 3rd party router where you can set all your network settings.

Hope this helps... Cheers...

And the Arcadyan NH20A

Network - LAN -Bridge

Ahah!  Thank you for this clarification.  For some reason, I was not seeing that the LAN tab had a submenu, that has the bridge choice on it.

If I do this, it warns that Optik TV will not work.  You mention earlier that if the Optik TV devices are connected to the MoCA port, they will.  How about if I put the Optik TV boxes behind my router and open up the ports they need? 

Or if I put them on a switch between the Arcadyan NH20A and my router?  Perhaps there's already a thread that covers putting the Optik TV boxes behind your own router in detail that you could point me to.

Again, thank you for your help!

@Bartsch_Labs Wrote: If I do this, it warns that Optik TV will not work. 

Ok, I have to admit this is the area that I have the least experience in. I don't have Optik TV, never have. I utilize a 3rd party IPTV service that just works with the configurations that I have with my TELUS feed, and continue to work when I make silly changes.

I might suggest that it may be time for some experimentation with the Optik TV feed. The worst that can happen is you have to reset the router to factory and configure it all again...

Cheers...