cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

97 year old has services disconnected due to Telus error

Suewall123
Neighbour

After ‘harassing’’ my dad to migrate his Telus landline and internet from copper to fibre optic cable, my dad set up an appointment. No technician arrived for the appointment so another appointment was set up with the same result. The third appointment was cancelled by Telus less than 24 hours prior to the appointment time. A forth appointment was set. Telus made an error with the date of the fourth scheduled migration appointment and disconnected my dads service.

My father lives on his own in his own house and has a ‘life- line’ type device. At the time of writing this, he has been without phone, internet and 911 service for 4 days. During this time we received an alert from his life line device and were unable to contact him.

I have spent hours on the phone since Tuesday with managers from the ‘escalation department ‘at Telus in an attempt to get his service re-instated. By the time it was determined the disconnect happened at the office and not in the field, I was told too much time has elapsed (24 hours) and they couldn’t do a reconnect from the office. I have been told it is impossible re-route a technician to reconnected his services.

I asked to speak to the supervisor of the ‘escalation department’ and was told it would take up to five business days.

This is more than a mere inconvenience. A vulnerable senior has no connection through no fault of his own. 

Telus, you need to fix this.

6 REPLIES 6

A-B
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello. I'll send you a private message regarding this right away.

I’m dealing with this on my father’s behalf. Please contact me directly.

[MOD EDIT - PRIVATE INFO]

I can’t find the pm. 

I can’t find the pm. Please resend

Did you look for the PM by clicking on your user icon at the top right of the page and selecting Messages?

A-B
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello. I edited your post above as it contained private info, but got your private message so will reply there, thanks.