cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

24 MO - Unlimited Internet Usage Discount not applied?

Mike_Ca
Neighbour

I'm in a 2 year contract with Telus, as my bill has gotten bigger the past few months due to their price increases, I notice on my statement for Internet in particular, it says 

"24 MO - Unlimited Internet Usage Discount -$20"

Then a bit below it says 

"Unlimited Internet Usage $20"

Is that discount not meant for that? I called Telus last month, and the person I spoke with said it looked like a mistake, put me on hold for maybe 10 mins, then said it's not a mistake, the math still ads up. Is Unlimited Internet Usage supposed to be $40 then instead of $20? They need to make these bills make more sense, because to me, it looks like they took away $20, and then just added it right back at the bottom of the bill.. 

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

TELUS_Support
Official Support Team
Official Support Team

The math looks fine.

The internet charge is $115. 

Internet Mobile & Home discount of $10 brings it down to $105. 

The Loyalty credit of $17.86 brings it down to $87.14. (this appears to be a partial credit and will be the full $20 going forward)

That's it. The unlimited data is normally another $20 which would bring you back up to $107.14, but the credit of $20 nullifies that out, so we arrive at $87.14

Need to private message us but don't know how? Check out this step-by-step guide.

View solution in original post

TELUS_Support
Official Support Team
Official Support Team

We can take a look if you'd like. Feel free to send us a private message and we can discuss.

Need to private message us but don't know how? Check out this step-by-step guide.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

TELUS_Support
Official Support Team
Official Support Team

The bills reflect the charge itself, as well as the discount. In this case, the $20 charge (which is the normal charge for it) and then the -$20 showing that it's been taken care of.

But the Math doesn't add up..? 

My Internet is $87.14. The breakdown goes like this: 

PureFibre Internet 500 (included data : 1000 GB)

$115.00

Internet Mobile & Home Discount 

-$10.00

24 MO - Unlimited Internet Usage Discount

-$20.00

Usage in unlimited data add-on

$0.00

Unlimited Internet Usage

$20.00

Applied credits
Loyalty Credit - 24 month - $20 incl tax

-$17.86

Should the total not be $67.14 then instead of $87.14?
$115
-$10
-$20
+$20
-$17.86
-------------
$87.14

They're adding the $20 they discounted to get the $87.14 total.. if you minus $20, that total should be $67.14, but I'm being told the math makes sense??

TELUS_Support
Official Support Team
Official Support Team

The math looks fine.

The internet charge is $115. 

Internet Mobile & Home discount of $10 brings it down to $105. 

The Loyalty credit of $17.86 brings it down to $87.14. (this appears to be a partial credit and will be the full $20 going forward)

That's it. The unlimited data is normally another $20 which would bring you back up to $107.14, but the credit of $20 nullifies that out, so we arrive at $87.14

"The Loyalty credit of $17.86 brings it down to $87.14. (this appears to be a partial credit and will be the full $20 going forward)"

Do you have any idea how long that's supposed to be partial for? Because it's been that same $17.86 price since January 2024 looking at my previous bills.. 

TELUS_Support
Official Support Team
Official Support Team

We can take a look if you'd like. Feel free to send us a private message and we can discuss.